iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What's for dinner?

Started by 4x4American, June 25, 2017, 07:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4x4American

I am constantly running out of ideas for dinner.  Many nights I just eat cereal cause I ain't got time for making something...tonight it's lasagna that momma bear fixed.  So whatcha eatin fer dinner?
Boy, back in my day..

WDH

Grilled Scottish Salmon.  Garden squash cut in half length ways, topped with onions, baked in the oven, then covered with melted cheddar cheese.  Baked potato with sour creme and butter.  Garden tomato, cucumber, and onion salad. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

Meat, bread, and no vegetables :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Dave Shepard

Don't forget  the cheese.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Magicman

Fried eggs, Grits, Sausage, & Toast/Jelly.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

4x4American

Quote from: WDH on June 25, 2017, 08:05:02 PM
Grilled Scottish Salmon.  Garden squash cut in half length ways, topped with onions, baked in the oven, then covered with melted cheddar cheese.  Baked potato with sour creme and butter.  Garden tomato, cucumber, and onion salad.

What are you a chef too Danny  :D
Sounds delicious!
Boy, back in my day..

4x4American

Quote from: Magicman on June 25, 2017, 08:26:46 PM
Fried eggs, Grits, Sausage, & Toast/Jelly.

I love breakfast for dinner.  Back when they were building the hills and I was just a wee little lad, Momma Bear would give us kids our choice of what was for dinner on our birthday.  I always chose breakfast.  Corned beef hash, eggs and bagels.  Mmm
Boy, back in my day..

Furu

Wife was getting a bit bored with the routine dinners so she asked me to do something different.
Night 1: Chicken Tikka Masala
Night 2:  leftovers.
Night 3: Thai red curry with chicken and zucchini and red peppers and peas
Night 4: leftovers. 

Something about leftovers always brings the flavors out even better.

She then said let's repeat it.
Not hard to do and it is so good.

thecfarm

Cheese was not forgotten.
Ayup,bread,meat and cheese.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

4x4American

Thats a wholesome meal unask me
Boy, back in my day..

51cub

Lately it's been meatloaf that I never make twice the same way. Taco salad sometimes. Mix ground beef right into pasta instead of making meatballs, and I just put some chicken into balsamic vinegar to soak overnight, it'll go on the grill tomorrow
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

4x4American

Leftovers and cereal tonight
Boy, back in my day..

tule peak timber

menudo from a can.........
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

coxy

a banana 2 cinnamon buns and a big bag of jax cheese doodles  8) 8)

4x4American

Quote from: coxy on June 26, 2017, 11:18:25 PM
a banana 2 cinnamon buns and a big bag of jax cheese doodles  8) 8)

I see you're a health food nut like I am lol lol
Boy, back in my day..

petefrom bearswamp

Fried cabbage and egg noodles.
the type of cabbage that doesnt contain flatulence.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Bruno of NH

I mostly eat salad , cheese and nuts now
Been eating better since I got sick around Christmas time
Down about 60 lbs
I have exelent gas now my working partner doesn't like it so much :)
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

coxy

Quote from: Bruno of NH on June 27, 2017, 07:42:09 AM
I mostly eat salad , cheese and nuts now
Been eating better since I got sick around Christmas time
Down about 60 lbs
I have exelent gas now my working partner doesn't like it so much :)
so figure out a way to sell its got to be 200 octane  :D :D

Bruno of NH

My friend calls me the crop duster
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

drobertson

sketti and meatballs,, we found a great recipe for the meat balls,, killer,, left overs, had a hacked Chick-fillet for lunch so not that hungry yet, soak the breasts in pickle juice for a spell, coat and fry,, not the healthiest but, makes a great lunch samich, 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

21incher

A whole tray of fried potatoes. Don't tell my doctor. ;D

Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

tule peak timber

Lamb stew and a salad . I'm getting tired of my own cooking !

4x4American

I'm having a thing of frozen stouffer's macaroni n cheese..it's more like macaroni soup for some reason.. and then cereal for dessert and then beer for dessert's dessert
Boy, back in my day..

tule peak timber

If the wind here lets down I'm going to try a BBq tomorrow.

Thank You Sponsors!