iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wann'a see my routers?

Started by Slingshot, July 03, 2015, 07:58:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slingshot

I have couple or two....

The little PC 100 on the left is the first one I bought in about 1962. Still runs as good
as when it was new. The one to the right is a later version of the same router.

Here is my Leigh D4 Dovetail Jig. It will do 24 inch variable spaced dovetails. I used a Craftsman16 inch to make the dovetails on the 2 cherry chests I posted a few weeks ago.

clww

I have about 6 routers, so you have me beat.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Larry

Looks like that might be a Dewalt/Elu on the left?

Most used router in my shop.  Dad bought it when I was maybe 13 or 14.  Its had arbor bearings replaced three times, one cord, and just re-did the clamp last year.  Excellent service as much as it gets used.

I might have you beat by a couple but who's counting? :D :D
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

gfadvm

Quote from: WDH on July 03, 2015, 08:36:42 PM
Why so many routers?

He never has to change bits! Just pick up another router.

Larry

I like that answer. :)

I have a bunch that only see one type of work.  One in the router table, one for drywall cutouts, two small trim routers, one with a dovetail bit for jigs, one for framing cutting osb, a heavy and light plunge,  The PC-100 pictured does all door work and most light work, while the list goes on.  Years ago a bought a new PC 7529 plunge which never gets used cause its a lemon with its two switches, but it adds to the count.  Than a few more that were picked up at flea markets, and auctions cause they were cheap.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Don_Papenburg

WDH is about to get his man card revoked  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Go to the woodshed for a flogging for asking a foolish Q like that .....
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Lud

The little Porter Cable laminate trimmer has had the 1/8" round over on it for years.....nuthin' better for taking off sharp edge.  I make do with 4 routers.  Cheap and humble! 8)
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

lowpolyjoe

Great collection.

Router might be my favorite tool in my shop.  Does so many things for me. 

I was worried about buying a second one, but after seeing this thread it sounds like I'm way behind  ;D

hackberry jake

I just have two of the 2.25 hp Porter Cable 890 series routers, but have plans for a small trim router at some point. Like you guys said. It would be hand to keep a small router with a small roundover for busting edges.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

Bruno of NH

I keep a Bosch colt in my work van comes in handy for a lot of things .
They make a plunge base for it .
Jim/Bruno
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Tom King

Is this a contest?  I don't want to take all the time it would take to drag them all out without a prize  :D :D   I also have a Leigh jig similar to that one.  It has two dedicated routers set up for 3/4" material.  The others have dedicated routers too.  Four I think dedicated to door hanging (never bought a prehung door),  and then there's the 5 7518's in sash building setup.............

Just Me

Last time I counted I had 27 routers, all Porter Cable. I usually have one with the bit I need in it.

There was this one sale..........

Thank You Sponsors!