iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Need Advice "Pronto," I got the fever bad after going to W.M. at Shade Gap, PA

Started by H60 Hawk Pilot, October 02, 2009, 07:04:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MotorSeven

"Regarding the purchase of the lumber and it's dirt cheap, that's the smartest thing that  I've heard all day.  However, I need to get the 14 year old out of the house.. away from computer and TV. I bought a 370 HP speed boat in March that got my kid out of the house but boating season is over now.

I need to get him out of the house for the fall season now, the sawmill should do it. Also, buying sawmill for better health reason >> excercise program, male bonding with my one & only kid, calling out trees that need to be cut. Also,lot's of other reasons that...  I ain't thought of yet (the fever is burning deep inside & hand shake). "

That's the best reason I ever heard of for buying a mill & sawing. Your 100% right, get that kid off the computer/tv and doing real life stuff.......priceless!

RD
WoodMizer LT15 27' bed

beenthere

Motorseven
Let us know how buying the kid new "toys" to entice him away from the computer and TV works.  :)  It'll be expensive.

What I did (back in the day when there was no computer) was turn the TV off. Relented on one program "Little House on the Prairie" as the only one other than sports that could be watched. Amazing how 4 kids could find books to read, and games to play, and even help with firewood when they were not in front of the TV. Also started making things from wood in my shop.
I'd do the same with the computer unless it was schoolwork. Simply "off".   
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

H60 Hawk Pilot

Did not get down to WM this morning. Woke up to a inch or so of water in basement. The dog went nuts in the early morning about something outside. The lab beat up the hotwater baseboard element next to the basement door & the element sprung a leak on the one end. I bought new element & installed and placed a couple blocks next to the element to keep big lab from a repeat performance.

Called down to WM & Marty should be in on Monday, we'll give it a go this Monday. The mill is not a LT70, it's a LT40 and  listed on the WM web site. I wrote the. info down in the wrong block (LT70 Blk.) on the WM sale flyer.

Avery 
Case 1150B & IHC TD-340 Dozer's, IHC 4WD 3800 & CAT 436B Hoe's, Franklin 170, Semi's: (1) Freightliner, (2) KW's, Marmon, Mack w/ Prentice Ldr., F-700 Crane Trk., (6) Mid Size Trk's. - Dumps, Flats, 1 Ton w/ 40 ft. 5th Whl. & (4) Semi Tlr's., LM 2000 Mill, (2) XL 12's., Solo 681, EFCO 152, Old Iron.

Chris Burchfield

Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

H60 Hawk Pilot

I went down to   WM, Shade Gap and Marty demo'd the (used) LT40 Super. The mill did a good job and one could get used to operating something this nice, pretty smooth machine. 

I priced out a New LT40HD 28HPGas & LT40HD 28HP Gas with Remote w/ ASET.

Bottom line...  it comes down choice and what works best for me tomorrow and several months from now. I did not know about the 60 day time period offered by WM; where I could upgrade to another mill if I'm not satisfied with the mill I bought.

I bought a 24 foot roll back on Sunday to haul my equipment around. The 74 Chevy is a older truck but decent and operated well, also tandem axle, it should be a handy truck for hauling lumber too.

I'll keep you all informed, something is gonn-aa happen, choices, choices and more choices.

Avery

Case 1150B & IHC TD-340 Dozer's, IHC 4WD 3800 & CAT 436B Hoe's, Franklin 170, Semi's: (1) Freightliner, (2) KW's, Marmon, Mack w/ Prentice Ldr., F-700 Crane Trk., (6) Mid Size Trk's. - Dumps, Flats, 1 Ton w/ 40 ft. 5th Whl. & (4) Semi Tlr's., LM 2000 Mill, (2) XL 12's., Solo 681, EFCO 152, Old Iron.

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Thank You Sponsors!