iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

King Cake

Started by Magicman, January 19, 2019, 01:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Being in South Mississippi puts us close enough to Louisiana that in addition to enjoying Crawfish also King Cake during this upcoming Mardi Gras season.

This one is filled with cream cheese.   food6

And as luck would have it, PatD got the hidden "baby" in the very first slice.   :)  
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

scgargoyle

Where I worked in FL, the Hispanic crowd (mostly Cuban) had a strong King Cake following. They would bring one to work and make a big deal out of it. Wouldn't you know- one year, the cake didn't have a baby in it. Apparently, this was a Big Deal. When we cut into the replacement cake, the baker had put FOUR babies in it, just to make sure. Fine by me; I got twice as much cake that year!
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

lxskllr

The mold's out of control on that cake  :^P

QuoteWhen we cut into the replacement cake, the baker had put FOUR babies in it, just to make sure. Fine by me; I got twice as much cake that year!

QuoteToday, the baby symbolizes luck and prosperity to whoever finds it in his/her slice of cake. That person is also responsible for purchasing next year's cake

Expect bonanzas from here on out   :^D

thecfarm

That sounds good to eat.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

It's King Cake Time again.

This one is 'store bought' but it's the thought that matters.

It came with the traditional "baby" but not actually baked inside.

And it is quite good, but of course it's also a 'once a year thing'. 

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!