iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Chainsaw Chaps for women?

Started by gimpy, January 20, 2015, 06:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gimpy

Does anyone know of a source for chainsaw safety gear in woman's sizes? My wife is 5' and 100# and men's sizes just ain't gonna do it.
Gimpy old man
Lucky to have a great wife
John Deere 210LE tractor w/Gannon Box

sprucebunny

Labonville makes some very short chaps with adjustable waist. They also make them at sites around New England. They might make you a custom pair.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

webgal

Hi Gimpy, I'm that size and I think the chaps should adjust down to that size around the waist. The bottoms can be turned up.

So, why does a petite little thing like that need to cut the family's firewood? Actually all kidding aside, I wore chaps when running the splitter.
Gotta know when to fell em, know when to tell em, know when to walk away, know when to run....

thecfarm

sprucebunny,might be right. They say to measure from the belt to instep,28inches is the shortest they sell.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

HolmenTree

There's an old saw shop back home that has a pile of safety pants with kevlar pads in size 28" waist . Inventory he bought back in the 80's for a couple of cut & skid crews who were little Frenchmen from Quebec.
Their size was deceiving but they could out work and out produce loggers twice their size :D
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

Thank You Sponsors!