iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

log jacks

Started by darrenjttu, October 30, 2013, 04:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darrenjttu

What is the best log jack out there? Going to try one for the first time.

beenthere

The "best" is the logrite from our sponsor seen on the left column.  Bar none. 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

ksks

I have the 60" on order now.  I've got plans for it!
Striving to be average!

TreePointer

Logjacks can be a very helpful tool, but I don't often use it to elevate a log off the ground to make a cut.  Most of the time I use it to roll heavy logs after cutting on one side, much like a cant hook.

The inexpensive all steel model with the two-piece handle is worthless (will rip apart).

Ash/wood handled models get the job done, but the really thick handles aren't as nice as some other models. 

I tried a 4' fiberglass handled model and was very pleased.  I still use it.

Logrite is very nice.  You can't go wrong with one.

angelo c

Ill second the log rite. I use the cant hook though just to roll as well. Really makes huge logs easy to handle. Worth every bit of the $100 er so bucks i paid for it. I like it so mush i dont remember how much i paid for it..
wife,kids,dog,t-shirts to prove it

ksks

I had a wooden handled one that just snapped on turning a log.  Hope this one will be stronger.  Should be here in a couple days.
Striving to be average!

thecfarm

That Logrite one is a good one.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

darrenjttu

ksks

I just got my logtite 60" in the mail today.  Seems very sturdy.  Will break it in next week!!!
Striving to be average!

darrenjttu

beenthere

But it is missing the good Logrite hook....   ::)
Hope it works good for you tho.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!