iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hudson Oscar 18

Started by homesteading, July 23, 2018, 05:17:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

homesteading

Have a Jobber 100 that I play with but have been looking for something more

Found a Hudson Oscar 18 on CL for 1500 OBO, he says there is less than 10 hours on it. What would be a good price for it?

Remle

Had to look up what a Jobber 100 was. Being a chain saw mill, any band saw mill IMHO would be an up grade.. LOL.
IMHO, Not sure about the 10 hour claim, just look it over real good . Price should be the 2nd. concern.. 1st. is will it fit your needs. It is a basic bottom dollar mill. As to price, the asking price is not all that bad, maybe offer $1,250 and see where it goes. I believe they were made by the Hudson Forestry Co. in upstate NY., now called Woodland MILLS and maybe rebaged as the HM122.
HM122 Portable Sawmill
7 HP Kohler Engine & 22" (55cm) Log Diameter CapacityWoodland Mills has designed the HM122 sawmill for budget minded customers looking at getting into milling their own lumber at an exceptional price point. Based on our very popular HM126 model, the HM122 offers hobby sawyers an easy to use, well engineered sawmill with the ability to mill logs up to 22" (55cm) in diameter and 10' 4" (3.1m) in length. The HM122 also supports an unlimited ability to extend your track to handle milling logs of any length.
$2,199.00
The complete operators manual is available at: https://www.hud-son.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Sawmill-Manual-Oscar-18-and-228-2014.pdf

hamish

Hud-Son is its own company and has no affiliation with Woodland Mills.
Hud-Son Forest Equipment - Hud-son

Norwood ML26, Jonsered 2152, Husqvarna 353, 346,555,372,576

Sixacresand

I could live with an Oscar, if I had suitable support equipment. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Remle

Quote from: hamish on July 24, 2018, 09:09:27 AM
Hud-Son is its own company and has no affiliation with Woodland Mills.
Hud-Son Forest Equipment - Hud-son
Thanks for clarifying that, they say that the mind is the first thing to go, i'm not sure what i was thinking..

Jack Lilley

I bought a used Oscar 18 couple of years ago for $700. It had been used more than 10 hours but had always been taken care of. I'm happy with the saw, it works great with a sharp blade and don't push it, just let it work.

thecfarm

Did you say 10 hours?? :o
And welcome to the forum. Whatcha doing with all the lumber?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

samandothers

Homesteading and Jack Lilley welcome to the Forum!  Best of luck with the Oscars!

homesteading

Quote from: thecfarm on July 25, 2018, 09:32:10 PM
Did you say 10 hours?? :o
And welcome to the forum. Whatcha doing with all the lumber?
Building a dovetail cabin. Sadly the mill was sold, on to plan B, building a procut

Thank You Sponsors!