iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

hard wood

Started by coxy, January 18, 2018, 08:47:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

I want to dry a piece of green hard wood doesn't matter what kind  1in thick 10in wide and 7ftlong if I put it on/over my base board heat would it be dry enough to use in a month with out to  much more shrinkage after I use it  base board heat runs 24/7 never shuts down till April so it will have heat all the time not hot and cold  hope every one understands what I'm trying to say  :) 

Dan_Shade

What is the species?

It will probably crack and split if it dries too fast
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

4x4American

Need more specifics, what is it gonna be used for, what species, etc.  From what I understand heating and cooling is good to relieve stresses naturally in lumber.  I wouldn't put it too close just nearby and put it on stickers with weight on stickers on top of it and depending on what species put a fan or don't put a fan on it and at the end of the day might just be easier to go buy a kd board from curtis or something
Boy, back in my day..

low_48

Drying wood is more than just making it hot 24 hours a day. It will likely cup, because the heat will be primarily on one side. It will crack because it will get too hot to soon.

Thank You Sponsors!