iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cauliflower Heads the Size of Basket Balls!

Started by StimW, November 27, 2014, 10:22:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StimW

The main road through Hastings Florida is SR-207. Just to the west of town on the SR is a Farmers Stand that sells a lot of local produce. THEY WERE VERY BUSY!
I stopped there Wednesday and they were selling Cauliflower Heads the size of Basket Balls!! They were selling them for $1.50 a head.
I bought 3, gave one to a friend, blanched one and froze it (filled 2-1 gallon zip-locks) and pressure cooked the other and had for supper with butter and Velveeta! Left-overs in the fridge.
They also had HUGE heads of Green Cabbage for $1.25, Huge Red Heads for $2.00
Also bought 2 of the Reds and gave 1 to the same friend.
Everything was BEAUTIFUL! If I only could grow that great. I am only 40 miles north but worlds apart.
There were many, many acres of cabbage visible from the highway and fields prepped for the Tater crop. Not sure if they were planted yet.
I would have pics but my XP computer died and I haven't added the camera to my new Windows 8.1. I have invented some new cuss words for the 8.1 (somebody slap Bill Gates for me)
New HF Band Mill
Branson 35 hp 4 WD Diesel Tractor W/Attachments- Backhoe, FEL W/ Bucket or Forks, 4' Tiller
4000# Clark Forklift W/24" Tires
Promark 6" Brush chipper W/18 hp Kohler

sawguy21

Sounds great, I smell good sauerkraut. :D What isn't flooded here is froze solid.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

beenthere

StimW
Also had to drop my XP and switch to Win 8.1 as well, and did not like it one bit.  Until I was told about
classicshell.net by IIRC Ianab.

I loaded it and now win 8.1 looks very much like the old familiar XP, at least for moving around in my files, etc.

Take a look at it.

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!