iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Alpina Prof 120 Clutch sprocket

Started by fiddlin logger, April 13, 2019, 12:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fiddlin logger

Hi i'm a new member here, i have an Alpina 120 that i am using for milling, and after quite a few years steady work she needs a new clutch sprocket, and clutch springs and i am having problems sourcing the parts?...any help would be much appreciated....or has the old girl cut her last slab? ....she seems sound in every other way apart from a couple of fins missing from the flywheel, thanks for reading.

lxskllr

Welcome to the board!

Seems to be somewhat rare. Only thing I could suggest is keep your eyes open in the usual used channels. Otherwise, perhaps something else could be hacked on to it, with perhaps a bit of machining? Probably more money than it would be worth, unless you or a good friend are a machinist.

If it were me, and money isn't a huge problem, I'd get something more modern/popular as my daily workhorse, then shelve the Alpina while looking for parts. Then?? Either put it back into production, or do a full restoration, and keep/sell it as a collectors item. Depends on how sentimental you are regarding old machinery. Unless your work is very light, the day will come when you need a saw, and you don't have the parts to make the Alpina run.

fiddlin logger

Thanks for the reply
the work for this saw is very light. most of what i do is just logging for the house and i have a couple of husky's for that.Reading the other threads probably a Clone saw would be ok for my purposes and a bit more future proof,and probably lighter.

just thought someone here may have had the same problem, and there may be an easy hack with another clutch drum
thanks again

Thank You Sponsors!