iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2011 Pigroast Video feed and photo thread.

Started by Jeff, July 31, 2011, 09:15:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pineywoods

Here's the link to a rather un-sophisticated video of the pig roast. Maybe someday I'll have the time to learn how to edit videos  :)
http://youtu.be/NG9Ii1svcXM
Had a ball, hope to be there next year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG9Ii1svcXM&f
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

beenthere

pineywoods
Thanks for posting that video. Great to see those attending and the pig, the bit of rain, and the many who helped Jeff put on the 2011 pig roast.

Today, had a surprise when I showed up at the Rox for lunch. There sat OWW and Linnea on their way through WI. Was great to see them again. A good thing I had the chance to see OWW's pic on the cabin stoop in the rockin chair, or I'd a thought DanG, I don't know that guy holding out his hand. But then couldn't miss pretty Miss Linnea by his side.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

SwampDonkey

Quote from: DanG on August 08, 2011, 06:29:48 PM
OWW and I are the same person.  He is the left half and I am always right. ;D

He gets a good one in once in awhile. ;D ;)

Quote from: WDH on August 08, 2011, 09:17:03 PM
Missed Furby too, but Magicman captured him nicely.

That's a feat in itself, as the Furbster often tilts his cap or steps behind a bush. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Paul_H

Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Magicman

Thanks Piney.  You made a very nice "web-cam.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

paul case

thanks for the video piney.
i wonder why when someone asked those guys carving the pig if they got a pan full yet that no one could answer them?   

i would also know how many miles to the rick that truck gets.!

looks like a lot of good fun youall had there. maybe next year i can join in.  pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Cedarman

If that pig doesn't make your mouth water...
Mine is just thinking about what it was like 8 days ago just about this time.
Thanks for the video pineywoods. 
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Coon

Quote from: paul case on August 13, 2011, 06:27:45 PM
i wonder why when someone asked those guys carving the pig if they got a pan full yet that no one could answer them?   

looks like a lot of good fun youall had there. maybe next year i can join in.  pc

Paul I think the answer to ypur pan full question is cuz none of em did as they didn't look toi have big enough meat hooks (aka hands)   :D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Brad_bb

Looks like a good time for sure!  "Rooster" and I are planning to come for the first time next year.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

paul case

Quote from: Coon on August 15, 2011, 01:17:17 AM
Quote from: paul case on August 13, 2011, 06:27:45 PM

Paul I think the answer to ypur pan full question is cuz none of em did as they didn't look toi have big enough meat hooks (aka hands)   :D

i thought everybodys mouths were full?   ;D  didnt i hear a mmmmurrmmmmmm not yet. digin_2 digin1 digin1 digin_2 musteat_1 food6    looked good to me as well.  pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Jeff

Here is a photo that we forgot to post. We were sent this flag from a forum member so he could be there in spirit. It hung on our flag pole during the pigroast. I'll let you guess who sent it. :)

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

isawlogs

A texan !  Might be someone on a rig out in da midle of nowheres.... Then again could be dat ranger fella. !!!
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

pineywoods

We thoroughly enjoyed the whole get-together. Most memorable event - Raider Bill's goose story. Wouldn't be the same without Bill telling it, so I'll just leave it alone.  :)
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

customsawyer

Great event and thanks to all for the pics and keeping the rest of us in the loop.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Cedarman

Pineywoods, you made me chuckle again thinking of Raider telling that goose story. :D :D
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Woodchuck53

Thanks for the video Pineywoods. Almost as good as being there. Good looking pit guys. We do a vertical roast here at home with a ice cream motor for turning. And a freind of mine does a Hawaii theme with it in the ground.
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

Thank You Sponsors!