iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

MS-250 Fuel pick up issue

Started by MAF143, May 16, 2018, 08:37:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAF143

I have a new (bought in Feb) MS-250.  I have run 2 gallons of fuel throught and like the way it runs, BUT...

Sometimes when it gets down to less than half a tank of fuel, it stalls out when cutting in positions other than just normal.  Very frustrating when in the middle of a felling cut.

I can get it re-started by choking it and getting it going again and then it is fine.  Maybe the moving it around allows the line in the tank to move.

Looking in the tank it has an articulated pickup opposed to just a flexible line with weighted filter.

I haven't had it back to the dealer yet, but was wondering if this is common.  

I'm planning on getting to the dealer later this week to ask about this, but would like any opinions from the guys here first.

Thanks
Always having a great day!
Husky 357 self ported, MS 250 MM, MS 362  MM, HM-126, Ferguson TO-35, '04 F-250 wood cuttin' truck, splitter, Woodland Mills Grindlux 4000 sharpener, Vogelzang Ponderosa keeping us warm

ZeroJunk

The line is flexible enough for the pickup to move to the bottom of the tank wherever the bottom of the tank is depending on position, or it's supposed to be anyway. If the saw has limiters  make sure the high speed jet is all the way CCW against the limiter. But, they may have switched to the tamper proof splined needle head on newer carbs. I would certainly make the dealer fix it, replace it, or whatever.

MAF143

Love the saw, just haven't had time to look into it well.  not enough hours in a day...   I stopped at the dealer (the wife and I were going into town, didn't have the saw with us) and he said that it may just need re-positioned in the tank to allow it to flex the other way.  I will drop it off there next time I get to town.  We don't get that direction very often and I usually work on things, myself, but that is one of the reasons I baught this saw, to not have to work on it...  other than this, I love the saw, lots 'o' power for it's size and weight.

I'll probably play with it, cuz when I looked in there the other day while fueling it up, the pick up was wedged and sticking UP instead of sitting at the bottom of the tank...  If I can't get it rotated, I will take it in for them to replace.

thanks for the support.
Always having a great day!
Husky 357 self ported, MS 250 MM, MS 362  MM, HM-126, Ferguson TO-35, '04 F-250 wood cuttin' truck, splitter, Woodland Mills Grindlux 4000 sharpener, Vogelzang Ponderosa keeping us warm

Thank You Sponsors!