iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pump controllers

Started by Corley5, December 22, 2011, 12:03:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corley5

I'm collecting the final components for my in floor heating system and am wondering what everyone is using to control zone pumps  ???  The existing baseboard system in the old part of the house used zone valves which when actuated turned on the circulating pumps.  I don't like it.  I've already got Grundfos pumps with flow checks for circulators for my zones.  Grundfos pump controls are about 100 bucks more than the Taco controllers I've found.  Any reason a Taco control won't work with Grundfos pumps  ???  I went with Grundfos over Taco because I've had longevity issues with the 007 zone pumps in the old system but the main pump is a Grundfos and has never even hiccupped  :)  Anyone using wireless thermostats  ???  The main distribution manifold and pump are installed with a Modine hanging heater unit in the basement keeping the place warmed up.  The upstairs drywall is in the final finishing stages and I need to get the tubes in the ceilings of the 1st floor and basement so we can continue with the drywall.  The end is in sight now  8) 8)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

DouginUtah

I used a Bell and Gossett ZT-3 controller. Three thermostat wires in and power out to the four pumps plus one wire to the boiler. Zero problems with it.
-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

Holmes

The Taco circulator control will work great with grunfos pumps. All it is doing is delivering 120 volts to the circulators.  I have a buddy who is the heating guru for Taco. He swears the wireless controls are great. I trust him. Holmes
Think like a farmer.

Thank You Sponsors!