iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cordless Nailer

Started by Junior437t, August 18, 2005, 07:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junior437t

I am having trouble with a Paslode Impulse Framing nailer.  I have completely cleaned it, twice. When the tip contacts the wood, the fan runs but no nail when I press the trigger. Changed the fuel cell. Charged the battery.  The Paslode website does not offer much help. I searched google and not much luck. Thanks

Stump Jumper

I have had problems like this also sometimes a new fuel cell that has been setting around will lose its pressure.  Sometimes the metering nozzle will not meter enough fuel in to fire it.  Try changing nozzle heads and possibly a new fuel cell right from the store.  Best of Luck.
Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

Stump Jumper

Oops almost forgot one time the nozzle on the fuel cell did not push in far enough to squirt fuel into the gun and I wrapped masking tape around the cylinder toward the top and it allowed te mechanism to push farther and thus meter fuel into the gun. You will have to experiment.
Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

leweee

From the title of this thread I thought they was talken about a hammer smiley_smash smiley_carpenter_hit_thumb smiley_jester
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

pasbuild

If you find that its not the fuel cell check the spark wire under the top cap, it can come lose from things like a fall/drop ;)
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

Jason_WI

Make sure that the center of the spark wire is making contact with the point where it plugs in. If along side it will just arc to the case.

I fixed an older black Paslode two weeks ago and had this problem when I put it back together.  Also check the safety switch that is on the top head assembly. If a wire is broken there it will not fire.

Jason
Norwood LM2000, 20HP Honda, 3 bed extentions. Norwood Edgemate edger. Gehl 4835SXT

Thank You Sponsors!