iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

looking for helmet for face protection

Started by alsayyed, December 28, 2005, 02:35:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alsayyed

Hello to everybody and season greeting. I do not know where did I see this helmet cannot remember the site. I am looking for a helmet that  covers complete face and it has air protection and it has like glass shield in front. Because I have found that very difficulty in cutting wood all the dust and sometimes chips flies  from the wood. Dose anybody know where to get these kind of helmet.

Ianab

Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

alsayyed

thank you very much almost the same but little lighter in weight. I think this one is little pricy too

flip

Timberking B-20, Hydraulics make me board quick

alsayyed

Thank you Flip this is the  one I am looking for, I like the first one and hope they not expensive. Do you buy them direct from Stihl becuase they did not mention where to buy them.

maple flats

I have one that looks exactly like the STIHL except the name, says HUSKY. These are good and they are available at most loggers supply houses, try Bailey's on the left margin. Other sponsers might also have them.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

rebocardo

I have the Stihl one, it is okay, though quality was disappointing.

My screen rusted out on the bottom and the lettering on the head band ended up running because of sweat and imprinting orange into my hair. The adjusting knob lost its notching and does not tighten anymore. The earmuff vinyl/cushion plastic cracked too.

Next one will be a different brand I think.

Paschale

Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

flip

Timberking B-20, Hydraulics make me board quick

farmerdoug

Check out one of our sponsors on the letf, Baileys.

They have one too.  I think it is the Peltor design.  I have one and love it.

Farmerdoug
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

solodan

jon12345

Don't put DEET on your helmet to keep bugs away from your head, it will melt, I got sand imbedded in mine where I threw it down on the side of the road  ;D
A.A.S. in Forest Technology.....Ironworker

maple flats

If there is any damage the helmet should be replaced. They only protect if in new condition. This is one item you should not try to make last forever.  8)
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Thank You Sponsors!