iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

L28 drive belt replacement

Started by Qweaver, October 27, 2017, 12:45:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qweaver

Main drive belt failed on my LT28 this AM.  I'm getting the manual out after I post this.  Looks pretty straight forward except for getting it around the idler wheel.   Looks like I will have to pull that assembly. Any hints for the easy way to do this?
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

47sawdust

Can't help with the drive belt,sounds like the sawmill gremlins have taken up residence at your address.
This too shall pass (old saying)
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Qweaver

I can't complain about this belt.  It's the one that came with the saw.  I got a new one a while back knowing this one was bound to fail soon.
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

RPowers

Quote from: Qweaver on October 27, 2017, 12:45:04 PM
Main drive belt failed on my LT28 this AM.  I'm getting the manual out after I post this.  Looks pretty straight forward except for getting it around the idler wheel.   Looks like I will have to pull that assembly. Any hints for the easy way to do this?

If you are already down and replacing things, get online ( i think the place is V-belt supply.com ) and get the same sized 2/3 belt, but in a cogged version. I did that on my LT28 and found that you get better hookup and less drive belt slippage at the same tension as well as better belt life due to the small size of the pulley on a 28. If I could find one for my LT50 in a cogged I'd swap it too to see if it "bit" better.
2013 Woodmizer LT28G25 (sold 2016)
2015 Woodmizer LT50HDD47

Thank You Sponsors!