iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stationary LT40hd

Started by logwalker, November 10, 2005, 09:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

logwalker

Hello out there in Mizerland,

I am in the process of setting my LT40 semi permanent. What is the proper way to stabilize the mill after removing the axle? Are there any tips or tricks to make it more efficient? any reason to lower the mill at all? I have only used the mill at the trial prior to buying the mill. All my sawing has been on the ground with a fully manual Western Sawyer. Thanks for your help on this. Logwalker
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

Bibbyman

YES! 

You should contact Wood-Mizer for info on converting a portable mill to stationary.  Without the axle and tires as outrigers,  it's quite possible to turn the mill over when loading or turning a heavy log.   :o

In short,  you need suppots that are designed for stationary application and have holes in them to bolt to something substantial.  WM recommends concrete.  You may get by with something like rail road ties as a base to bolt to.

I added some "dead man" anchors and chained the mill down.

Here is a link to an old post I made where I go into some detail and have some pictures.

Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25-RA First impressions
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Thank You Sponsors!