Bluecreeper Testament

Started by Chuck White, April 27, 2018, 01:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck White

My usual use for Blue Creeper is applying a drop on each end of my tooth setters readout dial indicator rod every once in a while!

A couple of days ago, I had the blade guide motor off of my sawmill, checking for stretch in the chain!
While it was off I noticed that not only was the chain stretched, but the sprocket on the end of the motor was worn!
The sprocket and the roll-pin were severely rusted in place, I tried drifting the roll-pin out, but it just didn't want to move, so I applied a couple of drops of Bluecreeper at each end of the roll-pin and both sides of the little sprocket and repeated with the Bluecreeper again in the evening!
This morning I went out and the roll-pin just drifted out just like it was supposed to!
Then I went to my tool box and got my little battery clamp puller and clamped it onto the sprocket and against the shaft and the sprocket came off so easily that I could hardly believe it!  
As long as Bluecreeper is available, I'll always have some on hand!  8)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Tam-i-am

Thanks Chuck!

Glad you found Bluecreeper to be helpful!
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

Chuck White

A friend of mine once asked me "What's in that, anyway"!

I replied BlueCreeper!   ;D
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Chuck White

Used some again today!

I changed the "feed" chain and sprocket and shaft (upgrade), had a little trouble getting the power feed drive pulley off, added a couple drops to the shaft on both sides of the pulley and went to lunch!

Couple minutes messing with it when I got back out there and had it apart!

Still have about 3/4 of the bottle left!

Great stuff!  :)

Magicman

Yup, it is just a natural reaction to reach for the Bluecreeper.  I did twice this week.  ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

tawilson

I picked up a bottle in Boonville. Haven't had a chance to use it or the pickaroon I bought at the same time. I'll be back at the mill and the shop next week after my house painting project so they'll be put to use then.
Tom
2017 LT40HDG35 WIDE
BMS250 and BMT250 sharpener/setter
Woodmaster 725

WV Sawmiller

I was removing and sharpening mower blades today, had my mower lifted with my ATV winch and using a 1/2" electric impact wrench to remove the blade nuts. The nut on the center blade was frozen and just would not move. I had been working on my mill and had my toolbox in the ATV basket and I remembered I had a bottle of Blue Creeper in the top of the box. I got it out, and ran the needle applicator around the nut then the washer and let it sit a minute or two. I put the socket back on the nut and ran it forward and back a couple times and the nut broke free and spun right off. I thought I was either going to have to take a torch to it or saw it off and replace the shaft on the spindle. A shot of Blue Creeper turned out to be a lot easier, faster and cheaper.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

barbender

I just ordered a Logrite Peavey and hookeroon, and was disgusted with myself when I realized I forgot to order some Bluecreeper to try out.
Too many irons in the fire

thecfarm

That's too bad.  :(
As they say, they can sneak in a bottle and that saves on shipping. I need to order a bottle too. Maybe they can sneak in a cant dog.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Bibbyman

Mary and I have seriously retired from sawing.  But I still use BlueCreeper when I'm restoring old guns.

Remington Whitmore Lifter Disassembly - May 25 2020 - YouTube
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

thecfarm

Nice to hear from you!!!
Glad you are enjoying your guns.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Tam-i-am

Quote from: Bibbyman on June 27, 2020, 10:04:14 PM
Mary and I have seriously retired from sawing.  But I still use BlueCreeper when I'm restoring old guns.

Remington Whitmore Lifter Disassembly - May 25 2020 - YouTube
hope you are enjoying retirement from the sawmill!  Glad to see you found a new hobby.
Great video!  Thanks for sharing!
Tammy
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper