iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Smart load?

Started by Jeff, August 12, 2013, 11:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I didn't feel to smart asking Tammy to get closer for a photo!

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WmFritz

At least there's no nails in that stuff :D :D
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Den Socling

It's apparent sometimes that some people are too stupid to own a truck. We live alongside a small river that is used a lot for canoeing. The way some people haul boats is ridiculous. It's a wonder they aren't laying along the road with the boxes, cooler lids, garbage, etc.

WmFritz

And then there was this guy.  :D

My brother saw this while and followed him for a few miles just because it was so ridiculous. An Alabama State Trooper went on by and never even turned his head.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

sandhills

Jeff, think I'd of waited for him to hit a red light before getting closer  ;)

Jeff

Tammy was driving, and I was the camera guy, so we are good from our perspective. Plus that is a zoom and crop photo. :)

beenthere

Looks like the pickup was behind a truck van and stopped at a red light, as a bike is in the cross walk.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Shotgun

Does the white pickup have a US govt. license on it?
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

samandothers

The truck appears to have a light bar on it.  You would think that if the person was in a business or role to need the light bar they'd know enough to secure the load.

Magicman

We saw this one on the way to the Pig Roast.  A house air conditioning unit mounted in the pickup's rear window.

Of course the answer is that there is a generator in the back and he can crank it up and run the AC at night when he sleeps.  It still looked funny.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Corley5

I see crazy loads all the time and my thought is that if I tried to haul the same thing in that manner it'd fall off for sure and get ruined or worse yet damage someone else's property or life  :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Jeff

Quote from: beenthere on August 12, 2013, 04:53:45 PM
Looks like the pickup was behind a truck van and stopped at a red light, as a bike is in the cross walk.

All incorrect. The bike turned left at the light. College kids in Mount Pleasant ride right in the road with the autos. I hate it. The truck was moving and that is a light bar on the truck. we were still doing about 20mph as the corner is farther than it looks in that photo due to zoom. Apposing traffic is stopped.

log cutter

Is that a federal government  license plate?
Timbco 475E

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Sixacresand

Quote from: Magicman on August 12, 2013, 07:37:29 PM
We saw this one on the way to the Pig Roast.  A house air conditioning unit mounted in the pickup's rear window.

Of course the answer is that there is a generator in the back and he can crank it up and run the AC at night when he sleeps.  It still looked funny.   :)

Most likely a cheaper alternative to having the stock pickup AC repaired.   :D
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

sawguy21

I have to wonder how much fell off onto the road before you saw him. I once got behind a mini van with a hot tub strapped/roped/duct taped to the roof, it moved every time the vehicle took a corner. Got by him on a passing lane, didn't want to be anywhere near it when things came unglued.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Hilltop366

Usually see a mattress or two in the ditch in the weeks leading up to university start.

Randy88

I've seen a lot worse over the years, but it still makes you wonder what they were thinking or doing that they didn't pay attention to what they should have been doing before driving off.   

That said I've sure found a lot of tools and stuff over the years lying along the road that still work just fine after I picked them up.   

Brad_S.

Quote from: WmFritz on August 12, 2013, 12:00:53 PM

An Alabama State Trooper went on by and never even turned his head.
But that same trooper would pull a fast U turn if he saw a commercial plated vehicle go by with a heavy duty 2" but frayed strap holding down cargo.  ::)
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

Den Socling

One time a guy told me that he got a ticket because the ratchets on his straps were not on the driver's side. That was here in PA. Seems to me, if you need to keep an eye on them, you could see them from either rear view mirror.

Hilltop366

Quote from: Den Socling on August 15, 2013, 01:51:51 PM
One time a guy told me that he got a ticket because the ratchets on his straps were not on the driver's side. That was here in PA. Seems to me, if you need to keep an eye on them, you could see them from either rear view mirror.

If it was on a pickup truck to me it would be easier to see them if they were on the passenger's side.

nk14zp

I like mine on the right side so when I have to re tighten them I'm not in the road.
Belsaw 36/18 duplex mill.
Belsaw 802 edger.
http://belsawsawmills.freeforums.org/

Thank You Sponsors!