iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2003 Ford 4x4

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, November 23, 2014, 07:48:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I've never owned a diesel truck in my life. Been looking at them though.

Is this a lot of miles for a Ford Diesel? He's asking $17,000

03 ford f350 odometer: 90700 paint color : blue size : full-size type : truck, 4 door, leather interior : 4wd fuel : diesel : transmission, automatic title status : lien cylinders : 8 cylinders
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

DR_Buck

I just sold my 2003 F350 SRW 7.3 diesel as a private sale for $12,000.   If it's a 6.0 diesel, walk away.   2003 was the first year for that engine and it is the worst diesel ever made.
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Autocar

No I don't think it has to many miles only question I would ask is what size engine . The 7.3's are good engines but I heard the 6's wasn't. Four doors fetch a little more money 17 seems like a fair price. I am sure other guys will chime in and we will see what there two cents is  ;).
Bill

goose63

Mine is 94 F250 7.3 turbo 264000 still running strong but that DanG  diesel here is $445. a gallon  gona fix my old G M C gas is $273.
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Here is the info I read and got off the phone with him about an hour ago.
After reading Dr. Bucks advice......I've heard enough. Thanks Buck, I appreciate it. :) I did not know that.

Ad:

I have a 2003 ford f350 diesel 4x4 long bed. It has 90, 700 original miles. Its mint, not a thing wrong with it. its the Lariat edition, with all leather and heated seats. No oil leaks, its spotless under the truck and no rust at all. It does have the 6.0 diesel motor, it has had aftermarket head bolts in it, have also added the coolant filter kit. oil gets changed every 4000 miles and my last oil change had both fuel filters replaced. Runs strong and has never been chipped. 17000 firm or it is financed through Wells Fargo, so we can go there and u can take the payments over. call Jimmy at 555-555-5555.

r.man

I don't understand why diesel ever costs more than gasoline. Until a few years ago it was always cheaper, wasn't it?
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

r.man

Gas here is 4.54 an american gallon, diesel is about the same price.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

JB Griffin

Run goat run!!!!!! 6.0=headache. Some people have good luck with them but I would hate to chance it. No.1 reason it has a EGR and they give trouble. No.2 reason not as much power as a 7.3. No.3 they are known to give head gasket trouble and head trouble due to the strech to yield head bolts. No.4 and the main reason, I don't like um.
2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Over 3.5million bdft sawn with a Baker Dominator.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Enough said JB...... :D :D :D

customsawyer

I made them lemon law one if that tells you anything. ;)
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: customsawyer on November 23, 2014, 08:10:56 PM
I made them lemon law one if that tells you anything. ;)

Its getting worse.......tough crowd tonight!  :D

Peter Drouin

Sometimes a deal is not a deal :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

JB Griffin

2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Over 3.5million bdft sawn with a Baker Dominator.

red oaks lumber

goat
the truck you were driving when you ran over jake is more dependable than that ford.you know thats bad coming from a ford man. :D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

POSTON WIDEHEAD

kiko

Guess I was one of those with the good luck my 2003 has over 300k on it.  Egr delete and head studs and your good to go. My 2003 250 will pull circles around my 1999  250 with 7.3. 

redprospector

I'd say keep looking.
Get a 7.3, or you could get a Cummins and have a real diesel. Too bad they don't put them in Fords.  :D
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: redprospector on November 23, 2014, 09:24:17 PM
I'd say keep looking.
Get a 7.3, or you could get a Cummins and have a real diesel. Too bad they don't put them in Fords.  :D

I've NEVER owned a Ford....just thought this was a good deal. I'll keep looking. :)

brendonv

Junk.

Look for one early 2003 to 1996. Bomber engines. Ive owned two, still own one. Dont do a darned thing to it and my other one is still kicking with no engine breakdowns.

My brand new ford diesel is kicking butt too. They are making a great name for themselves.
"Trees live a secret life only revealed to those that climb them"

www.VorioTree.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vorio-Tree-Experts-LLC/598083593556636

redprospector

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on November 23, 2014, 09:27:37 PM
Quote from: redprospector on November 23, 2014, 09:24:17 PM
I'd say keep looking.

I've NEVER owned a Ford....just thought this was a good deal. I'll keep looking. :)
I actually like Ford trucks, I just never had much luck with the diesels they put in them. I wish it was like buying a big truck...I want this engine, and this transmission, and this differential. Kinda makes me sad...I'm stuck driving a Dodge to get the Cummins.  :D
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

scleigh

Some of the 6.0 engines get 9 to 10 miles per gallon weather towing or empty

ohiowoodchuck

Get a 12v cummins, it will run circles around my 7.3 powerstroke. My next truck will be a 3/4 ton gas motor. Everything for a diesel cost about 4x more. I wouldn't sell my 96 dodge 3500 for anything. My powerstroke has lost a engine, leaks oil everywhere, fuel lines keep getting holes in them. Wheel bearings keep going out and the bolts on the exhaust up pipes keep rusting in too. The last time I worked on dodge was three years ago to put a clutch in it. Just my opinion I have been messing with them for the last 14 years.
Education is the best defense against the media.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: ohiowoodchuck on November 23, 2014, 09:54:41 PM
Get a 12v cummins, it will run circles around my 7.3 powerstroke. My next truck will be a 3/4 ton gas motor. Everything for a diesel cost about 4x more. I wouldn't sell my 96 dodge 3500 for anything. My powerstroke has lost a engine, leaks oil everywhere, fuel lines keep getting holes in them. Wheel bearings keep going out and the bolts on the exhaust up pipes keep rusting in too. The last time I worked on dodge was three years ago to put a clutch in it. Just my opinion I have been messing with them for the last 14 years.

After reading this, I may just get a Bicycle.  :D

customsawyer

Are you going to start doing 100 mile bike rides with Lorraine?
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

DR_Buck

Ford stopped making the 7.3 mid year 2003.  I think it was EPA rules that killed it.   The newer 6.7 is now Ford's top line diesel.  It took them a while to get over the 6.0 fiasco.     Mu new 2014 F450 has the 6.7.  400 HP and 880 ftlb torque.    It's a beast, but I like it.   Down side is 14 MPG unloaded.   Haven't had a full load on it yet.   My 2003 F350 got 13 mpg unloaded and about 9-10 towing the 11k 5th wheel.
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Thank You Sponsors!