iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

are you hosting thanksgiving?

Started by yukon cornelius, November 26, 2014, 10:10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yukon cornelius

we don't go anywhere for thanksgiving but we still have a big feast here! just my wife, 2 boys and I. This is our tradition after working jobs that required us to work thanksgiving and Christmas for years. we would always miss the family dinners so we started having our own so our boys would still get a feast.

so this got me wondering how many travel and how many host!

if anyone has nowhere else to go for Thanksgiving you would be welcome to join us.
God bless all of you!

It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Magicman

We do New Years and July 4th and the Cabin.  All other "eating" occasions are done here at home; Easter, Thanksgiving, & Christmas.   Not everyone can make all occasions, but they all know when and where. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

rbhunter

We are hosting Thanksgiving on Friday because my son and son-in-law have to work Thanksgiving. We are having a couple over from our church also. I am smoking a turkey for Friday and since we are not celebrating on Thursday we are smoking a brisket on Thanksgiving.
"Said the robin to the sparrow, I wonder why it must be, these anxious human beings rush around and worry so?"
"Said the sparrow to the robin, Friend I think it must be, they have no heavenly father, such as cares for you and me."
author unknown. Used to hang above parents fireplace.

sandhills

We are hosting this year, most of my wife's family and mine also, getter' done all at once!  My landlord and her nephews also traveled here to do some work on the place so it's a mess right now, new siding on the house about 1/4 done, new garage roof in the process, trailers everywhere, but oh well the food and company will still be good!  Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Nate379

I bought 2 Turkey pot pies last night for Thanksgiving.  $1.76 at Walmart.  and a huge bone for the dog, $9.79... yeah ain't he spoiled?!

Roger2561

I'll be joining my brother and his girls (my SIL passed away 2 years ago of brain cancer) another brother and his son (that SIL has to work) and one more brother, who's single for Thanksgiving.  I'll be going to my church for a special Thanksgiving Mass before I head over to my brother's house.  Before I can do any of that I need to clear my yard of approximately a foot of freshly fallen snow from my driveway.  Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone.  Roger 
Roger

Chuck White

We are hosting!

Wife's Aunt & Uncle, 74 & 84 respectively, daughter and hubby to be, and son who'll always be with us, he's special, has Down Syndrome and he knows the holidays.

It'll be a good day for all!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

ozarkgem

Heading to my daughters in Neosho for dinner then bringing my grandsons back for some lessons on wood cutting.
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

The ham is done, the turkey is on, and Pat is fixing the cornbread dressing.  Most of the major cooking was done yesterday. 

I don't mess with the cook because Pat knows how to plan and run a kitchen.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

yukon cornelius

Our turkey just went in! I pray everyone is safety while traveling! Still an open invitation here if someone needs a place to go.
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

sandhills

Our meal is more of a pot luck thing, the turkey and ham are coming with my sis and bil, Terri is in charge of the squash, sweet potatoes and a pie.  Magic, your 100% correct (we've seen the pictures to prove it  ;)) although I do like to cook, I just stay out of Terri's way for these occasions  :)!  Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

DanG

We are hosting here.  All of Linda's family, plus assorted inlaws, outlaws and a few friends.  Expecting around 35-40 bodies, including the ones who will show up after feasting elsewhere.  Two turkeys and a ham, plus all the traditional side fixin's, including a stack of homemade pies and other desserts.  There is no way to all sit down together, so we'll just lay everything out, ring the dinner bell and stay out of the way.  When the bellies are full, there will be a bonfire in the back yard, then the artillery will begin to appear and all the neighbors will think we have gone to war.  I should never have told them about my "secret" gun range!!  ::) :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Sixacresand

Not hosting this year.  Short drive to cousin's near Macon GA for turkey and Pie and Cake.  MMMMM.  Nancy is fixing a dish to take.  Hope everyone has a nice and safe Thanksgiving. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Lud

Miz R. is putting it together for available family like she has for most of the last 25 years. Looking forward to the year and a half old twins of my niece to watch.

We've redone the kitchen a bit over the last month and I mounted the 3rd(!) counter this morning before 8am. 

She's happy and I'm hungry.  It's a 'ting of beauty! 8) 8)

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Forum.  You folks are one of the things I give thanks for.......
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

Chuck White

Sheila over-did it again this year.

Good thing we had company that could take some of the left-overs home!  ;)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

It's over. All cleaned up and the fridge is almost as over loaded as I am.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: thecfarm on November 27, 2014, 06:47:05 PM
It's over. All cleaned up and the fridge is almost as over loaded as I am.  ;D

:D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Thank You Sponsors!