iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

my new mini skidder

Started by mark686, May 15, 2013, 09:39:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark686

I just put together my mini skidder case-davis trencher and added the rest. tride it for the first time today and it seems to work great 8)

barbender

Sweet! That should work great for small scale logging.
Too many irons in the fire

Dave Shepard

Now all you need is a steering wheel. :D I'm guessing it's lever steer like an old Timberjack?
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

John Woodworth

That's a neat set up, one thing I would look into if I were you is stretching your wheelbase side to side, can you run dual wheels at least on the rear, with a narrow wheelbase and the right pull you could end up on your side, looks good and hope it works for you.
Two Garret 21 skidders, Garret 10 skidder, 580 Case Backhoe, Mobile Dimension sawmill, 066, 046 mag, 044, 036mag, 034, 056 mag, 075, 026, lewis winch

thecfarm

I like it. For firewood,logs?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

beenthere

Hope we can see some pics of it "logging" and even a video.

How fast does it move?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

mark686

I am using it for select cutting in small woods. the land owners I buy from don't want the trails to big and the least disturbance to the woods as possible.  :D

it will be hard for me to get pictures of it in action because I work alone yup one man logging operation. I was using a skidsteer to skid logs all winter but when spring hit it just sank like a rock. the woods im in still has standing water and this thing just walks rite through it like its nothing. 8)
if anyone would like one I can build it for a fee. ;D

barbender

Now you need to build a grapple for it :D

mark686

Quote from: barbender on May 17, 2013, 10:04:40 AM
Now you need to build a grapple for it :D
that is next on my list needed to make some money with it first ;D

mark686

got some rain the past couple days and still cutting and skidding. we got a .5 inch of rain and the skidder is running great, a big change from a skidsteer to skid logs. I will get somemore pictures up soon.

clww

That looks great! 8) What size is the winch?
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

MEloggah

what is the length and dia. of the wood you typically cut? looks like the winch off my king quad 750! i had that up to camp and I could drag 14" maples tree length one at a time in reverse. I wonder if a 4 wheeler, maybe  even with an arch would be as productive for what your doing. looks like you have a welder, ide be adding a pushing wedge out off the back of that baby!

very crafty!

mark686

Quote from: clww on May 22, 2013, 03:30:35 PM
That looks great! 8) What size is the winch?
the wench is a 3k its not hooked up yet the cables for the controller are to short to reach the battery. a quad would have been stuck in the mud. It will drag a 20 inch tree top and all

barbender

When you get that winch hooked up, I'd pull the tree in and then hook a chain to it off your butt plate to drag it. Don't try to pull your drag with the winch, you'll destroy it pretty quick.

Forrest277

thats a really handy looking truck _ i like the small size factor, if i had one of those it would be really great on numerous jobs.

can I ask a couple of questions... about what price for a thing like that ? and how do you find it on sloping ground is it 4x4 ?

love that truck
Love my Husky ...

mark686

Quote from: Forrest277 on May 23, 2013, 12:58:23 AM
thats a really handy looking truck _ i like the small size factor, if i had one of those it would be really great on numerous jobs.

can I ask a couple of questions... about what price for a thing like that ? and how do you find it on sloping ground is it 4x4 ?

love that truck
this is an old trencher with all the add ons removed, I purchased the machine for 2500 and put another 500 to 1000 into it. haven't had a chance to run it on slopes  so cant say how it would work.

Thank You Sponsors!