iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I wonder?????????????

Started by Woodhauler, September 10, 2015, 04:03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

I was at verso yesterday, the workers was all in a meeting to see who stays and who is getting the ax! Its not just the paper makers getting let go its all up and down the line!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

HiTech

Sad to see what is happening to our country over Corporate Greed. Has the Government over regulated again? Seems all Industry is moving offshore where there are no regulations. We have pollution standards here over Green House Gases. Seems other countries could care less.

BargeMonkey

You drive around the northeast especially and you see these towns that where full of big industry at one time, I don't live to far from Amsterdam which was the carpet capital. In our town there is nothing to support younger people, and good jobs are scarce. Must really suck for you guys cutting wood up north, all the wood you want and no good paying outlet for it.

edkemper

In the West, we know what to do with our trees. We burn em. Can't cut em but we can burn em to the ground. We don't have to worry about after burn flooding because we don't have any water.
Old Man

Jhenderson

It's not just the wood industry. My wife and I spent a few days last week along rt 1, Down East Maine. It's sad to see once thriving towns reduced to begging for tourist dollars. Former mills turned into tourist trap souvenir shops. Get off Main Street and see once magnificent homes looking like they won't make the winter. The sea used to provide a good living to everyone in the area, whether directly or indirectly. Now it's just a backdrop in a restaurant. Time change, and not always for the better.

azmtnman

Quote from: edkemper on September 14, 2015, 04:50:20 PM
In the West, we know what to do with our trees. We burn em. Can't cut em but we can burn em to the ground. We don't have to worry about after burn flooding because we don't have any water.
Is there anything left to cut after a fire? That's where virtually all my wood comes from. Good thinning practices here keep it from all burning completely.
1983 LT 30, 1990 Kubota L3750DT, 2006 Polaris 500 EFI, '03 Dodge D2500 Cummins powered 4X4 long-bed crew cab, 1961 Ford backhoe, Stihl MS250, MS311 and MS661--I cut trees for my boss who was a Jewish carpenter!

Thank You Sponsors!