iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Banding cart

Started by Bruno of NH, February 05, 2017, 01:23:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

I got this banding,buckles and tool from my building supply company in the fall.
I supply them pine slabs for credit on my account.
I have been looking for a used cart but money is tight right now because i haven't worked that much from getting sick.
I had this material and cart thing kicking around the shop so i built this reneck banding cart ;D
it should work i hope :)

I think new they cost $250.00 or so
Thanks for looking Bruno
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

East ky logging

Looks good I built one kind of like that but the only problem was the banding getting down between the side of the roll. I went back and put some thin strips of wood between the roll of banding and the sides to keep it tight and it worked fine. 
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety- Benjamin Franklin

Kbeitz

The ones you buy have springs under the bolt holding the end cap on
to keep the banding from getting down between the sides.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

21incher

That came out great,  but a guy with a mill using plywood !!!  :o :o :o
Glad you are getting back in the shop. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Bruno of NH

Using up my plywood scraps :)
Sold all my 1 inch pine this fall , I forgot to save some for my self.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

SlowJoeCrow

Good job, that looks really nice.  I bought my first roll of banding, the kind that came in a cardboard box that was supposed to double as a dispensing container.  It was a joke, the box was damaged during shipment and the spool of banding was a mess.  I am using it, but I haven't taken the time to rewind the spool.  It looks like a toddler unwound an old cassette tape and got the tape tangled up!

Thank You Sponsors!