iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Re: The weather 2019

Started by SwampDonkey, January 01, 2019, 04:24:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

We never did get down to their predicted 0F, which is fine. Way off in fact. This morning it is 27F and warming up to the 40's they say. They sure know how to make TV news over nothing. :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Chuck White

We had 34° here when I got up, about 6:00.

Supposed to crowd towards 40° before the winds start in mid-afternoon!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

I never reached the 32° mark here either. Probably Portland did,1½ hours from me. Warmed up some since I got up,30° all ready. Kinda like when they stand on the overpass on the freeway and the freeway is bare and the speed limit is down to 45 mph. :D Makes for good TV reporting. They would not know what to do on the back roads of Chesterville with 2 inches of snow on the roads.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Stephen1

Freezing rain, instead of snow overnight. Need to warm up the windows before we can scrape
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

SwampDonkey

Wow! Late afternoon and I was noticing some big old thunder clouds in the sky and peeks of sun. Sure enough, later that evening the light show began. :D Wind, snow, hail, lightning. Weatherman said look out for that cold front coming from Quebec, could be loss of power. Well, we never lost power but it was a storm like you would see in hot summer. :D

It was only 34F for the high, we never got to that 40F. And the cold front is no more cold than it has been, down to 14F this morning.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Chuck White

Well, the predicted "cold spell" has arrived, it's only 6°F here this morning!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Old Greenhorn

Well the temp has been dropping steady through the night here but it is only down to 23°. The sun is a bit over the horizon and it isn't coming up yet (the temp). It's been much colder this past week, but today I plan on milling so...
 I have my digital ball and chain at home and I have to do some data validation before I can pull my boots on and get at it. Either way, it's going to be cold, but at least it will be clear.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

chevytaHOE5674

Been warmer the last few days and the snow has finially tapered off. By warmer I mean 13° and night and highs in the 20s, which is better than the single digit highs last week. 

thecfarm

I made it through with no ice. Rained for 24 hours. Lucky on that one. Temp stayed above freezing.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Everything was ice here followed by an inch of snow. Temp is 32F and dripping off the house porch.

Old Greenhorn

Yesterday we had about 1/2" of slush in the morning and light ineffective snowfall up to noon. Temps have been more normal which allows me to adjust to the season change more normally.  mid 20's to 30's through the night. overcast. light winds mostly.
 Today it should hit 40, tomorrow 45ish. I was hoping to take a day off and mill, but I have too much going on at work and am stuck. The weekend coming up looks good so far. Not enough daylight hours available. Winter may be coming.
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

Al_Smith

Dang weather but I learned something .It got down in the 20's last week and I thought the refrigerator in my garage went on the blink .
Geeze I just bought it this summer when the other one failed to keep my beer cold after 26 years old .Come to find out with the new way of making things cheap they need a special  heater gizmo to fool the thermostat if it gets below 55 degrees .Who knew that I ask you ? Mumble grumble --Any way here in the sunny south of the north pole it's in the 40's and clear .---and if any Canadians ask this fridge  was made in Canada-----  ;D

Chuck White

We have 44° here this morning, but snow is expected this afternoon!

Old Greenhorn

It's exactly 44 here also this morning. The temp went over 40 yesterday and it was lovely working weather. Looks like tomorrow will be perfect, but we are expecting snow in the early morning hours on Sunday, which might kill the day for me.

SwampDonkey

28F here and freezing rain again. ::)

thecfarm

Rain for now has stopped. I have 32°.
That few inches of snow we got is just about gone. Just making room for more. ;D  About a ½ hour from me,it is gone.

SwampDonkey

Has turned to rain here now. That just means the driveway will be a glaze of ice. :D

GRANITEstateMP

It got windy in my part of NH last night.  I ran to groc shop about 7pm.  I got back a bit after 8pm to a Ash top blown apart on the road, and no power at my house.  Good news, the neighbors didn't loose power, and it just tripped our line fuse.  Not as good news, the local power Co-Op has a new deal where after hours if there 2 or 3 operators are busy, they outsource the call to other power dispatch centers - somewhere in the south!  They couldn't find my account, couldn't find my house, I read them the pole number...  I just about lost it, hung up and tired again.  Again couldn't find us in the system.  I spoke slowly, and counted a few times.  I gave her our address, then our road, I told her where the Line truck she needed to dispatch was located...  The lineman showed up about 5 minutes after I pushed the top off the road.  Couple nice fella's, they said that Northern NH was getting hit hard with wind.  Did a quick inspection of the line and poles to the house, said he wished they were all this easy as they put the fuse back in...  So yeah, windy in NH last night!
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

SwampDonkey

Been windy here out of the NW, but not severe. Sort of gusty though. I know when I walked into it this morning around 9:00 am it felt like 0F. I had to sand the driveway as it was iced in. A 34F degree rain doesn't melt hardly anything at all. We have just as much snow as we started with because the old was all crusted over from the last storm. Still snow on the garage and on the porch and we had less than an inch (dusting) before the rain. ;D

Old Greenhorn

33°F this morning and raining steady. We have some sleet/snow on the ground from the overnight and they say the roads are a tad slick. Looks like today is a washout. calling for steady rain until about 4pm or later. Guess I will be doing shop work, nothing going on with the mill today for sure.
 I just noticed this thread is 23 pages long. Seems like everybody talks about the weather but nobody does anything about it. :)

thecfarm

28° here and a very light snow. Might change over to rain? One of those "depends" storms. We just had one of those the other day. Driving along all is fine,but go down a hill?? Might be ice. :o

doc henderson

We were in Branson, Mo.  My daughter drove home this past Friday. she left school about 9 am.  at 7am the freezing temps and light rain caused ice on bridges.  We lost a middle school teacher on a bridge at 7 am that Monique had to cross coming home.  it was still closed due to the accident.  With all the tragedy lately for all the members, I took note of our good fortune that she left later.  His truck lost control vs semi truck.  Sad for his family.  It took 4 years to teach M to drive, and I know what will happen if she ever hits ice and panics.  She had to scrape her windshield, and we knew about the accident as we watched her by phone on life 360 as she drove home.  Dad worried but you cannot keep them home forever.  she just turned 21 Saturday.  Lets all be safe and teach out children well!  God speed all.  
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

thecfarm

Well off we go to the Grand daughters 16th birthday party. She asked Grammie to make her a tie dye cake, So we had to deliver it.  ;D  Road was slushy here,than we hit the state road and no more slush.About 15 minutes away there was no snow. Which was expected.
We got a good inch of snow here. It's all loaded with water now. Had to run the wipers steady all the way to the Big party.

Nebraska

It was unfairly beautiful up here, calm hit sixty degrees, duck hunted with two of my son's, and a friends father. Duck hunting was only fair, too nice, but  the sausage, fried potatoes-n- oinions, and eggs ,plus a near perfect sunrise, made up for it. Understand completely about the fear of kids coming home from college in weather. 

SwampDonkey

Sleet and snow here, mostly snow all night. Looks like 3" so far, still falling from the sky. Not a lot of wind, yet.

Thank You Sponsors!