iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

MLB playoffs

Started by sawguy21, October 10, 2019, 02:15:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawguy21

Did anybody watch yesterday? Holy Moly! That was unbelievable, the Braves and Dodgers folded like a cheap tent. 10 runs in the first!
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Pine Ridge

GO CARDINALS !!!!!!!!!!
Husqvarna 550xp , 2- 372xp and a 288xp, Chevy 4x4 winch truck

sawguy21

They sure made monkeys out of the Braves, Flaherty was deadly early in the game.

btulloh

Yep. Quite a day. Cards took car3 of business early, Nats did their work late. The cards are always dangerous in the post season over the years. The nats seem to have some help from baseball karma for now. It'll befun to see how that plays out. 
HM126

Pine Ridge

When i was a kid i could tell you all about every player on the Cardinals roster, these days i can't even find time to watch one game. A few years ago when Pujols went to the Angels i lost interest, but i still root for them Cardinals.

sawguy21

I follow the Blue Jays :'( and the Mariners. Oh well. The next series will be fun to watch, the Nats and Cards are pumped now.

Ed_K

When they went on strike yrs ago thats when I quit watching. And with what they pay players now a days you can't aford to go to a game anyways > smiley_furious.
Ed K

Pine Ridge

I agree EdK, I am and always will be a sports nut, but i won't pay an outrageous price to watch. 

petefrom bearswamp

Mets fan here so no dog in the fight.
Cant stay awake for these late running games.
Fell asleep in top of the ninth last night.
will pull for  the Yanks tho (gasp)
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

btulloh

Nats/Cards series is kinda surprising. Maybe the Nats are the team of destiny. We find out eventually. 

I don't have a lot of enthusiasm for MLB anymore for all the reasons covered above, but I do like to follow the post season. I don't really have a favorite but I might as well pull for the Nats. They're kinda likable and I've always hated the Yankees. No reason, but it's a habit now. I do want Verlander to pitch well since he's a local product. 

Two important games coming up today. I'll be listening. 
HM126

firefighter ontheside

We had a slight hope that the Cards would follow in the Blues footsteps, but it was not to be.  Oh well.  There's always next year.  Now I don't care who wins.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

sawguy21

At least Washington has something to cheer about, the Nats are having an amazing run. The Yanks or Astros will need their best game.

Pine Ridge

If you guys ever want to jinx a team just holler at me and i'll root for them !!!! That cards & nationals series was ugly for a cardinals fan !!!!

BradMarks

Last night's NL game was a blooper highlight ;D.  What, 5 unearned runs in the first inning? That counts the misplayed pop fly.  And my Yankees can't hit the Astros pitching, at least Verlander and Cole. Yankees?  Yep, my first mitt in '62 had the Mickey Mantle signature.

sawguy21

The Astros must be under the porch licking their wounds, Verlander will be wanting to change his name and leave town. Four straight losses to a team that should not have been there, the bookies sure took a bath. :o

btulloh

Yep.  Unexpected results for sure.  An interesting series all in all.  No wins at home!  First time ever.  

I guess when you win the whole thing and beat all the good teams it must mean you were supposed to be there, but nobody knew it.   :D  There are a lot of reasons all the experts thought what they thought.  So much for experts and meteorologists.  

I haven't seen any report, but I think the bookies might have come out OK.  Everybody loaded up on the Astros, and the money line was close to 2 to 1 on most of the games.  Not that it really matters to me, but it is interesting.

Congrats to the Nats.

HM126

Banjo picker

First time I had watched any baseball in quite a while.  I didn't even know the Astros were in the American league untill last year.  Good to watch a little mindless tv ever now and then.  I didn't know who I was really rooting for untill the Astros got up 3 game to 2... then I knew I wanted the Nats to win.   Go figure.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Jeff

Sherser (sp) and Verlander were both Detroit pitchers. I was back and forth on who I wanted to win until they booed the president in D.C. 
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

petefrom bearswamp

I often wonder how the Tigers let them both get away.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Jeff

Quote from: petefrom bearswamp on November 01, 2019, 08:07:50 AM
They sold off the entire team.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

btulloh

Quote from: Jeff on November 01, 2019, 08:10:30 AM
Quote from: petefrom bearswamp on November 01, 2019, 08:07:50 AM
They sold off the entire team.
Just another reason why I barely follow MLB any more.  Or any of the other pro sports for that matter.  The way things are run now just doesn't work for me.  
HM126

Banjo picker

Here is a few Tigers from the past some might remember. 

They won it all in 1968.  Denny McLain won 31 games that year and in all likleyhood will be the very last pitcher to do so.  Then during the world series Mickey Loich piched 3 complete game victories... also the last to do so.  Randy Johnson won 3 games but he only started 2 of them.  Loich will also probably be the last to accomplish that feat.  Cash and Kline along with some of the others on that team wern't too bad either.  I got those cards legal when I was a kid buying them for 5 cents a pack.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

BradMarks

That Detroit team, they were really good.  Topps bubble gum pkgs I bet!  Always anticipation to who I'd get, and us kids were the future GM's, trading away and acquiring players!  The gum was secondary.

btulloh

Baseball cards!  Back then they served a great purpose. Study them and trade them til they were ragged. The gum was a throwaway, but the smell was part of the experience. 
HM126

Banjo picker

What I remember most about the gum, was that it would stain one of your cards ever once in a while.  I got a Mickey Mantel, and when he retired, I took a label maker and stuck it to the card RETIRED.  Oh well I wouldn't have got rid of it any way.  The most expensive card that I ever got was a Nolan Ryan rookie.  It was off center some, but I should have sold it before he retired, but I didn't.  I collect ...don't trade.  What few times I have traded I got burned... I once traded a Roberto Clemente for a whole year set of newer cards, wish I had not done that.  

Around here at the time those came out, Topps was all you could get. 
Banjo

Thank You Sponsors!