iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

thanks to the soldier, and god bless the vet, always remember and never forget!

Started by doc henderson, November 10, 2019, 03:09:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doc henderson

Thanks to all who have served, and God bless those who never made it home the same, or at all.
usflag
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

thecfarm

Yes,thank you all FF Vets and Vets who are not a member too. I really appreciate it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

tule peak timber

persistence personified - never let up , never let down

muggs

WV Sawmiller

August '76- Dec 89 USMC. Happy Birthday by the way. Remember Tun Tavern.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Old Greenhorn

I always carry guilt because I did not serve. Then ended the draft just the same year I became eligible. My Dad served in WW2 (Coast Guard in the Philippines on a sub chaser), and my Brother served (Army, 1st Infantry), he died 2 years ago from what we can only attribute to his service, but there is no proof, nor do we care to prove it. 
 To say I feel indebted to every Vet, every day is pretty darn accurate. They are better men and women than I.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Chuck White

I'll take the thank you, and I want to thank all the other vets for their service!

Old saying: "All gave some, some gave all"!

How true!

U.S. Air Force, April 1968 - April 1989

EDIT:  I was an aircraft mechanic, worked on A-26 and A-1E in Thailand!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

pineywoods

1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Nebraska

I haven't served,  my father did, Air Force 66-68. Sentry dog veterinarian, I was born in a military hospital, thank you so much for your service and sacrifice for this country. God Bless You.

sawguy21

I served as a reservist in the Canadian infantry, thankful that I did not see active combat. I watched a documentary that included shots of the cemetries in France and Belgium, it brought tears to my eyes. What a waste of human life!
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

mrcaptainbob

I'll say "THANK YOU" and am pleased that, what little I did to contribute, I did it for you, for us.
And, I am pleased to have so many Brothers and Sisters in Arms.

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Jim_Rogers

Today, at the South Byfield Cemetery, we're flying the flag to honor all veterans who have served.
We have 332 buried here. Every one has a flag on their grave as well as a veteran flag holder.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

goose63

M.Co 3/11 A.C.R Viet Nam 69 to 71

Thank you to all who gave to this great Land we call America home
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

samandothers

ron barnes

Resonator

Freedom wasn't, isn't, and never will be free. 
THANK YOU to those who paid to make it possible.
smiley_army_helmet soldier-smiley tank-smiley
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Bandmill Bandit

TOO many military service personal that have died way to young in graves around the globe and yet the Freedom we enjoy in much of the world would not be if not for those who's ultimate sacrifice have paid for this freedom.

Those that returned paid a high price too. And to honor all of them, today I proudly wear a poppy and will attend the wreath laying at the Cenotaph in Memorial Square here in Town.

It is the least I can do.

NEVER AGAIN!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozgJiJ5tCe4  
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

woodroe

Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

firefighter ontheside

Thanks to all you guys who served.  I did not serve in the military.  I considered applying to the Air Force Academy, but decided against it.  My grandpa went to Europe shortly after D day and was captured by the Germans and spent the remainder of the war in a prison camp.  Thankfully he made it home.  My dad was in the Air Force from '64 to '68.  I'm particularly proud of them.  A few years ago I visited Jefferson Barracks National Cemetry where my grandpa is buried.  We also visited my great uncle's grave.  I'd didnt know that he had served in WW2, Korea and Vietnam.  
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

doc henderson

my dad was army MP and on the colonels rifle team, stationed in Hawaii 55 to 57 post Korean.  i was not in the military but raised by a dad who was!  This is why I value BSA, my medical and EMS roles.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Ron Scott

Crossing the Pacific on the Troop Ship Talledaga, 1954 as a 17 year old "Devil Doc" 3rd Marine Corp Division, Recon.

~Ron

Pine Ridge

Thank you to all the veterans. All 3 of my uncles on my mothers side of the family served in the military. 2 of them passed away several years ago, the last remaining uncle passed away last friday, he served in the navy in the korean war. His funeral service is this friday, nov 15. He was as kind and humble as any man i've ever known, proud to be his nephew. His father, my grandfather , served in the army in world war 1. I've thought about them alot today.
Husqvarna 550xp , 2- 372xp and a 288xp, Chevy 4x4 winch truck

doc henderson

prayers and blessings, and a humble thank you to you and your family!

gspren

Navy January 70 to December 73, Vietnam for 7 months, later I did 26 years as an Army civilian to get my 30. Last evening I went to the VFW for a ceremony that had nearly 100 boy/girl scouts in attendance and some JROTC cadets to do the flag duties. A young, maybe 13, girl sang the National Anthem in the beginning and Amazing Grace near the end. A very touching evening.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Bncyom33

Jonsereds 70e, CS2152,Stihl MS360, Poulan 655 Bp, poulan 3700 and a 25ton splitter

Ed_K

72-78 USAF most proud of 74-75, 554 Red Horse we helped take care of 72 hundred refugee's End of Nam.
Ed K

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

K-Guy

Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

dean herring

Thank you all for your service and may God bless and comfort the families of the fallen. 🙏🙏
Failure is not an option  3D Lumber

clww

Thank you to all veterans. You are the reason we are here.

US Army 1986-1992
US Navy 1992-2012
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

PineNut

Chuck White

Hey PineNut, what did you fly?

I worked on A-26 and A-1E at NKP in Thailand!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Ed_K

I like the C130s with the back door down. We would watch the ag fields float by going to the different base's to dismantle them an send to korea.
Ed K

ron barnes

Chuck White, what did you do in NKP??  I was a weapons troop (bomb loader) there 69-70.

rubberfish

I was never able to join the Canadian Armed Forces. 
Tried three times. Denied three times.
My hat's off to all those that have served on our behalf.
Confucius says "He who stands with hands in pocket is feeling cocky"
Bob

Chuck White

Ron;  From April 1969 until sometime in the Fall, I  was assigned to the 609 SOS (Special Operations Squadron) and worked on the A-26's in the Phase Dock as a Ground Crew Aircraft Maintenance member, then the A-26's were retired from Military Service so I had to change squadrons (called a PCA w/o a PCS) and was assigned to the 1st SOS and worked on A-1E's.  Reassigned to Dyess AFB, TX from April 1970-1972, and was discharged, then reenlisted in April 1973 and stayed for the remainder of 20 years and retired!

TW

Having grown up in a society whe pretty much all old men were world war veterans I just get sick from flag waving and militarism.
What those old men who had spent 3 or 4 or 5 years at the frontline on the Eastern Front told me is very far from the impression conveyed by mainstream media.

As an old war veteran once said "It was a hellish job....... we did it".
They fought modern tanks with firewood logs and molotoff cocktails and prybars. They fought against 10 or 20 times as many enemies. First world war surplus repeating riffles and horse drawn 19th century artillery with strictly rationed munition against modern machine guns and heavy motorized artillery. Reqisitioned farm horses and sleds and a few motor lorries hastily converted to woodgas against endless lorry convoys with all petrol they ever needed.
Then in 1944 the survivors came home and rebuilt a bankrupt country which had pretty much been bombed back to the 17th century.

Many didn't come home at all. Those who came home were often more or less disabled if not physically so mentally. There was no word for post traumatic stess disorder then. It was just called "having been to war". Anyway they once again pulled themselves together and built up the country.
Those men saved us all from opression and mass deportation and massmurder in the Soviet Union.
However the price was high and is still being paid to this day.
Let there be no more wars!.......... and if it must and cannot be avoided by any means.....let us try our best once again like the last time.

florida

TW- That sounds like the America Revolution. Fought with inferior weapons against the world's greatest military and Navy and yet we won. Most of the soldiers then and now paid a terrible price but have saved civilization for everyone else. Wars are a sad part of life. They never end.

World Battleground, 1000 years of war in 5 minutes - YouTube
General contractor and carpenter for 50 years.
Retired now!

Thank You Sponsors!