iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

SOLD!

Started by Kirk_Allen, July 24, 2005, 12:02:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirk_Allen

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
We got an OFFER that was more than acceptable on our house this afternoon.  We went up Tuesday and  Wed. to cut grass and spread 130 bags of mulch and drag the rest of our furniture out of our house and signed with a realtor Wed. Afternoon. 

Well, our home hit the MLS Thursday morning at 8 am and by 9 we had our first offer.  It was low so we rejected it right out of the box.  This afternoon we got our second offer, we rejected it and countered by coming $500 off our asking price.  They accepted!  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

I am shocked how fast it sold after getting it on the Multiple Listing Service.  Less than 48 hours!  8) 8) 8)

I have the contract in hand but wont sign it until tomarrow night.  You see, we have 12 more folks looking at the place Sunday!  If any of them make an offer I can tell them we already have an offer of XXX and then let the bidding begin!  Turns out all the work we did on the wood floor and cabinets is PAYING OFF! 

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

I am so pumped! 8) 8) 8)

This is a link to photos of our place were selling.
http://www.hafearon.com/photo_Display.asp?ID=10

crtreedude

So, how did I end up here anyway?

Patty

Way to go Kirk!  We have an agent coming out tomorrow to list our  place. I just hope it moves as fast as yours did!
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

ronwood

Kirk,

Looks like you can start building your new shed now.

Ron
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

Teri

Alright!!  8) 8) 8) 8)

Fla._Deadheader

Hope the buyers don't back out at the last minute.  That's what is happening down here. They do the contract, then can't get enough % of the loan for the down payment.  Ours has a contract from day 2 after listing. I also had it sold once, myself.

Anyways, Good on ya, Kirk.  8) 8) :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Kirk_Allen

Our Realtor talked with there loan officer and the are all squared away for 100% financing.  Same Mortgage company we have.  Keeping my fingers crossed but I don't think we will have a challenge with selling it considering the market in that area.

ronwood: SHED?  I"M BUILDING A BUILDING!  8) 8)  A BIG ONE  8)

Spoke with our realtor this morning and we had three folks look at it last night and she has 14 scheduled for today.  If I am lucky we can get them in a bidding war!  Since we have an offer only $500 under our asking price, and these folks know that ahead of time, chances are good we may get more for it than we are asking.  How cool would that be!   8) 8)

Frank_Pender

Hey Kirk, do I need to send you folks a tent to stay in while you build the "big building", 8) :D
Frank Pender

Kirk_Allen

Frank if you got a big tent hold on to it.  Buzz and I may need it when we set up our Base Camp when we go hunting back up in Alaska!   8)

Frank_Pender

I have two.  One is 10' x 12' and the other is 12' x 14'.  They both are cabin type in design.
Frank Pender

Fla._Deadheader

Hunting Camp ???  Alaska ???  :'( :'( :'(
   First, it is ridiculed;

Kirk_Allen

Want to go Harold? 

Frank, the larger one would be perfect!  Those interesed in going on a fall moose/caribou hunt in 2006 let me know.  Im planning it now!  I have a feind up there that MAY be able to fly us in instead of paying the large fees from other outiftters.  Of course we would cover all his expenses and such and even make a family donation but legally he cant charge us to fly us in and hunt since he is not a commercial pilot or outfitter. 

Several options on the hunt but the time frame will be September1-20, 2006.  I plan on going for Moose, Boo, and possible wolf depending on the area we pick to hint. 

Fla._Deadheader

I throw sticks at them critters. Sporting way, don'tcha know.  ;D ;) :)
   First, it is ridiculed;

Kirk_Allen

So do I Harold.  Long, straight and about the diamerter of a pencil with a real sharp point on the end :D

Traditional bow hunting, the only way to go.......................unless of course you see that brute of a life time.  Then you grab the 8MM mag and let the lead fly!  :D

Paschale

Congrats on selling the house so quick!  I hope you get to do some wheeling and dealing this afternoon!
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Furby

You are tempting me Kirk! ::)

Ernie

Kirk, Patty

Are you guys selling up to emigrate to New Zealand the land of no snakes, no poisonous spiders, great hunting and fishing, clean air and water etc etc etc.

The only problem is, we also have politicians.
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Kirk_Allen

Ernie,
now you know why I want to go back to Alaska!  We have snow snakes but no poisonous snakes, no poinonous spiders, ulitmate hunting and fishing, clean air and water, ETC. ETC.

We have polititcians but the voters keep them in check! 

Ernie

Any hints on how the voters keep them in check,  ours just do as they please.  Has it got anything to do with article 2 of the amendments to the Constitution ;)
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Don_Papenburg

That is the amendment that makes all the others possable , That is why the pollies want to kill it ever so slowly .
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

J_T

Did I miss sompthing sometimes I do ??? They made offer you said no They made offer #2 you said no but I'll take xxxxx They said yes . So unless I missed sompthing how could one get a bidding war going unless they lied about the yes and can't come up with the money.  ??? Hope all goes best for both parties.
Jim Holloway

Kirk_Allen

They said yes to our counter offer but until we sign the contract we can except other offers.  We were hoping to have several more bids that equaled what we had so we cold have a bidding war and raise the price.  Didnt happen today so we went ahead and signed the contract and turned the papers over to our attorney. 

Hope to close by the 20th of Aug.  8) 8) 8) 8)

What a load of my chest this is.  Still cant believe how fast it sold.  Thank you Lord! 

J_T

Great  8) Just didn;t understand other offer stuff. :-[ I have bought four  different properties on hand shake deals the last one is where I now live man gave me five days to pay him I gave him five days to give me the deed  8) Guess I'm from the old old school or my son says I am anyway ::) Example if you offer me 20 grand for my house and I say yes pay me in 6 days and joe harry comes by on day 2 and offers me 25 grand I would tell him to see me on day 7 or he could go see you right then. May God keep blessing you  8) Love reading all your posts too  8)
Jim Holloway

TN_man

I am excited for ya Kirk 8)
With that extra "freed-up" cash you could buy a pretty nice spread down here. I paid 750$/acre for my property. I guess Alaska would be more appealing though. If ya put together a hunting trip in 2006, I would certainly consider it.
Jeff
WM LT-20 solar-kiln Case 885 4x4 w/ front end loader  80 acre farm  little time or money

OneWithWood

Congrats, Kirk!!   8) 8)

Now all excuses have vaporized and all that lumber awaits  smiley_monkeyfight
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Thank You Sponsors!