iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

some people just TICK me off

Started by Norwiscutter, April 25, 2004, 01:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

easymoney

it is hard to believe that anyone would fall for the nigerian scam. i know that there has been some people hurt bad by them. i sell on ebay from time to time and have had people try to pull scams. they are easy to spot. once i had a well worn radio for sale, nothing special someone emailed from a foreign land and claimed to be willing to pay a premium price for it because it was what he had always wanted. he did not get it or my money tho. i saw a tv special about the nigerian scam. people have actually been dumb enough to travel to nigeria and lose a lot of money and nearly lose thier life chasing the dream of easy money.

Faron

Couple of years ago I placed an ad in the regional newspaper advertising blue heeler pups for sale, $50.  One evening I got a call from a calling service for the deaf.  Person was interested in a dog, and gave me an e-mail address to work out the details.  I had no reason not to think it was on the level at this point.  I made contact , and DanGed if he wasn't supposed to be in England, would pay me double for the dog, would send me a money order for more than the amount and I should forward the balance to a shipping company, who would come by and pick up the dog, etc. etc. etc. ::)  I think the ad in the paper must have been put on an internet ad as well.  You would think it would just be easier to work for a living.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

Steven A.

Quote from: Faron on January 23, 2007, 07:59:31 PM
You would think it would just be easier to work for a living.

Hey! Scamming isn't easy... those guys have a lot of office work to do. And then there is running to the bank, ignoring legal letters, changing ISPs.

Being a crook is no bed of roses. !!!

:D

pigman

Quote from: Steven A. on January 23, 2007, 08:32:25 PM

Surely you are not speaking from experience. :o

Bob
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Steven A.

Quote from: pigman on January 23, 2007, 08:51:02 PM
Quote from: Steven A. on January 23, 2007, 08:32:25 PM

Surely you are not speaking from experience. :o

Bob

He he he. Nope I'm not but I do have 2 occasional customers who are and they whine about how tough it is.
They pay me and are not such bad guys I will not sell to them or feel the need to protect society from them but.... I sure would not care to have one of my children marry into their family. :)

Thank You Sponsors!