iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mailing list!! Important!

Started by Jeff, February 02, 2002, 06:39:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Many of you have signed in on the new mailing list but I noticed in the files that many of you have not completed the last step. You will receive an email telling you to click on a link, you must do that to activate your subscription. This is a safety device to keep people from signing someone else up.

If you don't click on the link, you will be in limbo and won't be on the list. If you have already clicked on the link in that mail, well, go post something. ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

I just went and checked.

There are only 15 so far that have actually completed subscription and 15 in limboland. Thats out of 307 members so far. hmmm.... 10% first 1/2 day, I guess thats fair.

Eggsander

Okay, okay.
Man, I haven't even finished my first cup of coffee, my wifes on me to pack, and we ain't leavin' till tuesday, and now Jeff's hollerin at me.
I did it, now the rest of you better. You know Jeff's been up all night staring at that screen waiting for something to happen (and I think he needs some sleep now).   ???
:) :) :) :)

Steve

Jeff

It seems like it sometimes. My day starts at 4:45AM and usually ends about 11:30 PM and this is usually the first and last thing I do :)

Eggsander

I hear ya there. I can't imagine the time that you put into this thing. Lord knows I spend enough just pokin' around in here. (I gotta get a faster connection!)
Anyway,thanks Jeff...........Jeff?.......................Jeff? Hmmm them keys are gonna leave a mark on your forehead.  :D
Steve

Don P

I tried last nite twice and got a cannot find server each time I tried to confirm, quite likely my server. I'll try again.

Jeff

Heres a fun fact for you guys. The Forestry Forum server is actually in Dallas Texas!  Last might there must have been a network shutdown in that area, and also for a brief time this morning. Our server, and thousands of other websites were effected. I hope its not an ongoing problem. All I can say is keep checking back when you find the site down. I guarantee its temporary!

Jeff

Latest limboland tally (see above for definition of limboland):  27

Number of finalized subscriptions: 59

I see at least 10 names and email address's that are not forum members. I am sure they are frequent visitors, which makes them members, just unregistered. :)

DanG

Jeff, I get an error message when I try to reply to the confirmation e-mail. Any ideas?
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Jeff

Yup, its because you already did it.  "Your  code was not found in the pending additions data file"

If you have already clicked on the link once before and comfirmed,  your name is removed  from the pending file and placed in the list. So, If you try to do it again, you will get the error that says your name is not in the pending additions file cause it aint!

You did DanG good.

Texas Ranger

Uh, mailing list?  did I sign up?  Where is the starting line?  Have I slept since all this occured.  Where am I?  What are all you strangers doing on my computer? :o

Serious, what mailing list?
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Papa Dave

Jeff, I sure hate to admit that I do not know what the deal is, but I don't. So, if you would be so kind as to tell how and what you want me to sign up for, I will. :'(

Jeff

Here is a copy of the email I sent out with the main forum mailing program. It should explain everything :)

Forum member,

This could be the last email you get from the Forestry Forum. Our existing software's mailing function had no ability for you to unsubscribe to our mailings, so I have created new software that does.

If you would like to continue to receive notice of upcoming contests, important forum changes and news, or even maybe an upcoming newsletter you must go to the forum and find the "Subscribe to our Mailing list!" link and sign up.

Or go now to https://forestryforum.com/subscribe.htm

This new system will now allow not only you but also our guests to subscribe and receive our news.

Remember, you can unsubscribe at anytime to this new system.

Please sign up soon, you don't want to miss the upcoming news on how you can get a Christmas ornament that hung on this years U.S. Capital Christmas tree, the Tree of Hope!

Thanks and see ya at the forum!
Jeff...

Regards,
from The Forestry Forum team.

https://forestryforum.com/cgi-bin/board/YaBB.pl

Papa Dave

I did it. I am so cool, now that I know what is happening. 8)

Jeff

Yup, you did it right too, I checked on ya ;)

I wonder, do ya think you just missed that first email?

Texas Ranger

I think I figured it out, and I think I signed up.  Am I a good boy or what?
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Jeff

Thank You Sponsors!