Started by Jim_Rogers, January 11, 2014, 10:56:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weekend_Sawyer

I have never seen that done before.
Fantastic work!
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Drafthorse

I love the photos. I am a wood worker too, however I bought my first Woodmizer LT30 in the 90's and one thing led to another. Well I seem to cut more lumber now than wood work. I still get time to throw a few pieces together.

samandothers

That is very unusual looking and very nice!

etroup10

About two years ago i cut up some walnut for a friends uncle. The trees came from his property and he wanted to use them in his basement remodel. He is still in the process of completing his half log walnut stairs. But other than that it is mostly complete! Id say it looks pretty sweet!

NHLA 187th class, lumber inspector. EZ Boardwalk 40 with homemade hydraulics; Gafner Hydraloader; custom built edger, Massey Ferguson 50E, American Sawmill 20" Pony Planer; Husqvarna 55 Rancher

Lawg Dawg

2018  LT 40 Wide 999cc, 2019 t595 Bobcat track loader,
John Deere 4000, 2016 F150, Husky 268, 394xp, Shindiawa 591, 2 Railroad jacks, and a comealong. Woodmaster Planer, and a Skilsaw, bunch of Phillips head screwdrivers, and a pair of pliers!

100,000 bf club member
Pro Sawyer Network

samandothers

Raym

A nice Saturday project....one of the owners of my biggest customer asked if I could make a round swing for his kids. I grabbed a board to use.

Cut and planed to thickness

Couldn't help but put it on the CNC for engraving

Then on to the lathe to finish up (could have cut on the CNC but rounding both sides and sanding is easier on the lathe.

sanded and ready for finish (for him to do).

Surprisingly that didn't take long. now what do I do??
'14-LT40 super, nyle l200m kiln, vintage case 480E loader.

It's not the fool that askith, it's the fool that agreeith.

Resonator

A friend of mine a makes custom Muskie fishing rods, ("the fish of 10,000 casts"), turning the wood sections on his lathe. I while back I gave him a few pieces of Black Cherry burl I had cut, which he layered along with Red Cedar, to make this rod.

Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Jim_Rogers

Back in June, I posted this photo of my "Happy customer" who just bought five 2" thick pine slabs.

Today she sent me some photos of how she used the slabs for seating at a wedding:

I think they came out nice.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

WDH

Resonator,

That rod is fine, very fine.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Resonator

Thanks WDH, I've got more Black Cherry burl to keep him supplied!
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Darrel

A happy customer just sent me some pictures of a three shelf table he made for his mud room using some curly cottonwood I sold him. 

I think it's kinda purdy fer lowly ole cottonwood. 
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

redbeard

customer finished a Madrone 3" thick slab 28" wide x 38" at the crotch motorized  Desk

Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Darrel

Madrone is beautiful and my mill has cut many thousands of feet of it before I bought it. 
1992 LT40HD

Satamax

Quote from: caveman on May 29, 2018, 06:12:09 PM
A fellow who bought some cedar from us a couple of months ago sent me a few pictures of his finished table.  He is a metal worker by trade and evidently likes shiny wood.  

I like the white tube base that he built.
There is plenty of nice looking stuff. 
But this just makes me wish we would have some of this cedar here. 
French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

Satamax

Quote from: Darrel on September 22, 2018, 08:40:30 PM

A happy customer just sent me some pictures of a three shelf table he made for his mud room using some curly cottonwood I sold him.

I think it's kinda purdy fer lowly ole cottonwood.
I love this too! 
French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

Eppdso

Quote from: longtime lurker on February 14, 2018, 06:53:25 AM

16 seat table in Queensland Maple. I woulda put turned legs under it but thats what the customer wanted thats what they get I guess. Just glad I didnt have to help shift that thing!
Even the dust collection bin looks cool

Lko67

Cradle I made for my kids made two they were both having baby's at the same time

WDH

They will be family heirlooms. 

Interesting table made from a Magic walnut slab.

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

mart

Haven't been on in a while but here's a couple of pictures of a shed one of my customers built from some spruce I cut.

I was young and dumb once. I got over being young a long time ago.

LT15 w/19 hp - 24' bed
Branson 3725
Stihl MS362
Husqvarna 450

JustinW_NZ

We just supplied all the flooring and decking and all sorts of bits for this local rebuild of a public venue.

Gear I run;
Woodmizer LT40 Super, Treefarmer C4D, 10ton wheel loader.

Darrel

1992 LT40HD

Brad_bb

I don't sell anything, but an acquaintance of mine asked for some help with a mantle, so I thought this slippery Elm log with it's undulating outer surface would be pretty cool.  I milled the log and cut the brackets and planed it all for him and hauled it to his house and helped unload it.  He stained and finished it.

Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

DPatton

Brad,

That's a great looking mantle! I really like the end grain and the live edge has a great appeal to it. You did well.
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

hopm

Quote from: Jim_Rogers on September 16, 2018, 01:43:29 PM
Back in June, I posted this photo of my "Happy customer" who just bought five 2" thick pine slabs.

Today she sent me some photos of how she used the slabs for seating at a wedding:

I think they came out nice.

Jim Rogers
I had a request a while back to use some 2"x12"x12' pine I had for seating at a wedding. They were also using the hay bales. I had 48 boards they took to use and they were planning to bring them back the following week. They did return them, in a timely fashion, with each neatly cut in half at 2"x12"x6'.

Thank You Sponsors!