iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Southern mi logging?

Started by Firewoodjoe, December 09, 2013, 08:27:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firewoodjoe

Just curious. I was down by Adrian mi this weekend and I've always noticed there's not near the logging down there as up north. If any. Why? I know the quality isn't as good but it's mostly big hardwood! Like around Jackson. Anyone cutting in that area?

Firewoodjoe

Must not be many. Maybe I'll have to slid down and make my millions!  ??? :D

Dave VH

I'm a few hours west of there, just north of niles and south bend IN.  This area gets logged fairly regular.  In fact most farmers around here can't wait till their trees get big enough to get some value to them.
I cut it twice and it's still too short

Autocar

The reason you don't see any loggers there is because there all down here  :D. All joking aside theres plenty of loggers up there and alot of them our working here in Ohio.
Bill

thechknhwk

There are at least 2 loggers that I know of within 15miles of here.

Ron Scott

Yes, there is active logging in southern Michigan. A number of consulting foresters work that area.
~Ron

Firewoodjoe

It just seems like northern lower to mid michigan there is a lot of logging. You can't drive anywhere without seeing a log truck, service truck, a sale or even a shop. I've worked down there around the oil sites before and it was rare to see a skidder or log truck. My brother in law lives just east of Adrian and he only knows of about three mills around him. There's three in every town up here. Just seems odd idk

coxy

3 mills in every town that's great means more competition and better pricing no

Firewoodjoe

Thank You Sponsors!