iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

small diameter logging with stroke delimber harvester

Started by Pclem, January 21, 2017, 02:04:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DDW_OR

Quote from: Skeans1 on December 30, 2017, 08:21:37 PM
There's a new head out by eco forest, your dealer would be Crostrek/Pioneer Machinery. There was a local guy that had a small dangle on mini Kubota that I think was a Kesla.
There's a dealer here in the states Woodland Equipment, Inc. I've never dealt with them but I'm sure someone is back there can chime in.
can you please add a link?
"let the machines do the work"

Pclem

Yeah, I talked to Hahn last summer about a used morbark wolverine with their head on it. He said they "should be able" to supply parts for them still. There's been a couple used machines out there with the head still, but kinda scares me being out of production. I'm still dreamin'. Just had another guy the other day want a 5 acre CRP white pine stand thinned. [25 yrs old]. There's gotta be a way to do those jobs profitably.
Dyna SC16. powersplit. supersplitter. firewood kilns.bobcat T190. ford 4000 with forwarding trailer. a bunch of saws, and a question on my sanity for walking away from a steady paycheck

Logger RK

Years ago there was a small tracked machine called a Mackeral,(or similar)that I thought would be handy for doing small pine.

timbco68

I know of an Arbro 400 sitting at a dealer in Wisconsin that you could buy for 15 k not including mounting on your machine. Northern Clearing bought it new on a new kubota track excavator but took it off due to it being too slow I think. It probably has less than 100 hours on it and the dealer is hungry to sell. I looked at it last summer thinking to mount it on an excavator I have.  it just looked like it was built so light I couldn't justify it in my mind. I mean the rotator hangs from a 1 Inch pin and the iron in it just seemed so light. Keep in mind though that my main equipment is a timbco, stroke delimber, 648 skidder so maybe I was expecting too much in terms of how heavy it should be.

timbco68

One more thing. My neighbor used to have the Hahn head on an excavator. I watched it working and I think there's good reason they don't make them anymore. Unbelievable slow. I think these small stroke heads work better.

Pclem

Timbco, any chance you'd give up the name of the dealer? I'd like to check it out
Dyna SC16. powersplit. supersplitter. firewood kilns.bobcat T190. ford 4000 with forwarding trailer. a bunch of saws, and a question on my sanity for walking away from a steady paycheck

Skeans1

Just to throw this out there with a fixed processor head you really need a feller buncher boom for the reach as well as being able to tuck the head in to turn the machine in tight areas for thinning.

timbco68

Lulich equipment- Mason Wisconsin phone 7156317040 - The head is basically new with a little paint wore off a bit. It sits in their yard on a steel pallet. They have the computer and joystick handles in the shop. I know that you could get it for 15k because that's what I offered them if I decided to go that route. I guess I'll pass. Good luck!

DDW_OR

well, starting the paperwork for the Arbro 400, putting it on the E80. getting it shipped from the California dealer.
it will be about a month till i get it.
using Agdirect.com for the financing, 5.14% fixed for 4 years.

also got a Turbosaw for the smaller excavator. just the standard blade.

Pclem

DDW_OR

Cedarman

We have a Patu head on a skidder platform. 2 foot stroke delimber with computer sets in the cab.  We used it for a while in ERC.  Worked great.  Also used it in some pine. Worked great.  The seal at the bottom of the mast is leaking and is a little tedious to change so it sets.  It is for sale.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

DDW_OR

Hakmet in California = $46,500 plus shipping

Agdirect = 30% down for logging equipment, 5 year max

Called Lulich equipment 715-631-7040. they have sold the Arbro 400 head.

DDW_OR

just hooked up the Turbosaw to the Bobcat 331 excavator
http://www.cleartrees.com/excavator-brush-cutters.html
for 6 inch and less it works great. anything over 6 inches takes time but i have done 13 inch cedar.

rotating the blade angel from Horizontal to Vertical is done by removing 4 bolts, then manually turning the saw head, then re-install the 4 bolts.

i have had a bypass valve added to the return line on the excavator. this allows the fluid to split, sending some through the valve and some to flow around the valve. this also helps with the Brush hound flail mower. i do not have a RPM meter, but it sounds a little faster. the Bypass cost about $500

Conclusion:
if i was younger or more agile i would not have purchased the Turbosaw.
but i am happy i have it. especially since my 87 year old dad can use it.
will have to add a sheet of Lexan Polycarbonate in front of the windshield.

Thank You Sponsors!