iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Selling white pine logs??

Started by Woodhauler, September 13, 2016, 06:38:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

I don't just haul peoples wood, I also market 90% of it for them. I have a guy that wants his pine to go on grade but for many years I have had a very good land run price . Selects down to pallet pine all pay the same. Never had real ggod luck on grade. How do you guys like to sell your pine? I will get the same trucking either way but I always was able to get more money for cutters selling on land run.
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Ken

I don't often get to cut nice pine but when I do it is always sold on grade.  He is your client which is much like your significant other.  If they are not happy neither are you. 
Lots of toys for working in the bush

Maine logger88

I used to sell by grade then I switched to straight price and will never go back. Unless you have a huge percentage of selects you won't make more by grade
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

Woodhauler

The mills I deal with won't let you switch back and forth from grade to straight price either. This guy would like to try grade then if it don't average more then straight price he wanted to go to land run! Told him that's not how it works!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

BurkettvilleBob

Is land run just a fixed price per mbf, regardless of grade?

Woodhauler

jwilly3879

We have sold both ways. The mill that buys on grade costs an extra $30/mbf for trucking and overall we made out better selling locally as log run. Problem is if you go for the high grade you need someone to buy the low grade.

Even selling log run we don't ship the junk, the mill always compliments us on the grade we send and don't have problems getting shut off, occasionally they will only take two loads a week but that is rare.

ohiowoodchuck

Anybody know if a buyer in Ohio. I have around 200 that's saw timber size I need to sell. Trying to help a friend out.
Education is the best defense against the media.

jmouton

hey ohiowoodchuck, if you were closer we would probably buy some or all, depending on what the logs are , you should let me know what you got and how far it is to detroit metro airport area,

jim
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

ohiowoodchuck

Quote from: jmouton on September 17, 2016, 05:36:24 PM
hey ohiowoodchuck, if you were closer we would probably buy some or all, depending on what the logs are , you should let me know what you got and how far it is to detroit metro airport area,

jim
Google maps says 4 hours from the area you have listed.
Education is the best defense against the media.

jmouton

lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

Thank You Sponsors!