iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cut a bit of everything today.

Started by shelby78, May 19, 2018, 04:40:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelby78

I am almost caught up from storm damaged trees so I took a few hours to cut some logs today. I did some black walnut, Honey locust, Cherry.

I just had a guy leave with 2 slabs. He took one walnut and one oak. $300 for the green walnut and $150 for the green oak. He was coming 150 kms for the oak and I showed him the walnut  when he got here. I don't like listing walnut for sale when I have other wood as the walnut always sells first. I list the lower wood and show the walnut after.

So far, the Woodmizer 9 degree bands seem to cut fine in dry hardwoods. I do have some 4 degrees ordered so it will be interesting to see how they cut vs the 9's.

The

DWyatt

Looks like you're getting your use out of that WIDE! Those slabs are stunning!

WV Sawmiller

Sounds like you are using the old bait and switch (in reverse). Draw them in with cheap oak then show them the walnut knowing they won't be able to resist it. That is some pretty wood though. Congratulations.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

CX3

Does your mill put a fresh layer of polyurethane with each pass?
John 3:16
You Better Believe It!

shelby78

Quote from: CX3 on May 19, 2018, 10:36:50 PM
Does your mill put a fresh layer of polyurethane with each pass?
Sure does.... You just add it to the lube tank, Doesn't everyone do that? ;D
 Truthfully I like to hose off all my boards to get the sawdust off. That, and good pictures sell slabs. Too many guys (where I sell) show boring dried out slabs and wonder why they don't sell.
I think wood is like food, you buy/eat with your eyes.

mike_belben

Brilliant.  

Im moving the sawing spot closer to the hose now.  :)
Praise The Lord

CX3

Me too lol. I honestly thought they were coated and then put back on the mill for a fancy pic. It's the same when selling anything. They have already chosen or not to buy when they see the pic on Craigslist.
John 3:16
You Better Believe It!

Thank You Sponsors!