iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lazy man's firewood loader

Started by jwilly3879, October 01, 2014, 07:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwilly3879

Since I don't have the $$ to buy a conveyor and was sick of picking up splits and throwing them in the truck I Rube Goldberged this.

It takes some extra cycles of the ram but saves a ton of cycles of my back. It will push quite a wad of wood.

mrector

Woodmizer LT35HD25 brand new!
Stihl 044 and my favorite: ms260 pro
Homemade logging arch
Homemade hitch log picker-upper
DanG Deadheader log loading trailer.

ckhenshaw4

Now that is thinking outside of the box!!!!
Getting TOO old to "man handle" wood anymore. Looking at building a firewood processor.

Hilltop366

cutterboy

What a good idea, what a very good idea. Use your wood splitter for more than splitting wood.
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

Ljohnsaw

John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

treetech

Bricklayer51

A great idea and I know I have the materials in stock to build it.

DeerMeadowFarm

Nice solution to a common problem!

giant splinter

Very good application of getting the work done/saving time and not spending a lot of money on something you only need a few times a year. I like it and  thats using your head ...... more a brilliant an idea than a lazy man's idea ..... I should try to build one of some sort as it looks very practical and time saving. Nice work jwilly.
roll with it

r.man

Great job Rube. A good match up for this.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwUPrDJIQcY
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

iowaowb

DeerMeadowFarm

I was watching reruns of Alask, the Last Frontier yesterday and Eiven was using a splitter that had a chute on the end of the splitter that ran up to his truck similar to the one you have in your first picture. The chute on that one was smooth however and each log he split just pushed the next one up the chute. When he was done, the chute folded back onto the splitter an essentially protected the engine and hydrualics from the weather somewhat. Pretty cool.

coxy

I made mine out of a hay elevator cut it down to size and put a gas motor on it  I like yours you don't have to tow it  ;D

bandmiller2

JWilly, don't confuse a lazy man with a thinking man clever. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

glassman_48

Thank You Sponsors!