iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New to the forum

Started by LumberjackTheKidd, December 08, 2014, 09:31:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LumberjackTheKidd

Hey everyone. I've been on here 'bout a week reading the forum but I already feel at home. Been in the firewood business for 2 years working for someone else. It occurred to me recently I should be keepin' all the money I break my back for!!! It was well worth the experience and exercise though. I'm only 22 so I've got plenty-a-time ahead ;)

I recently acquired a  18in poulan, and a 10 ton manual splitter (don't laugh, I've been using a 37 ton north star until now!!! What a beast that thing was). Nothin' in life worth havin' is easily attained right?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to learnin' a few things from the senior woodmen.

WmFritz

Welcome to the Forestry Forum LumberjackTheKid.

Since I'm not a woodman, I can't teach you much.

But, I am 'Senior.'  :D smiley_old_guy
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

clww

Welcome to the Forestry Forum. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

petefrom bearswamp

Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Nichols

If Balein' wire and Duck tape ever quit, my whole place is gonna fall apart!

GAB

Welcome.
Now who are you calling SENIOR?
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Firewoodjoe

Welcome. To bad you weren't by me. I'd set you up with 250-300 cord a year. Good luck. Remember honesty and a good product and you'll do just fine.

bandmiller2

Welcome lumberjack, making a living with firewood is not an easy row to hoe. I'am sure your young and a bull moose but take care of your back and work safe and smart. Remember everything you do in your youth you will have to pay for when your an old man. Good luck on your enterprise mate. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

r.man

Welcome and I will second that with just because you can pick up something doesn't mean you should.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, LumberjackTheKidd.   8) 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Nichols

Quote from: bandmiller2 on December 09, 2014, 08:46:59 PM
Welcome lumberjack, making a living with firewood is not an easy row to hoe. I'am sure your young and a bull moose but take care of your back and work safe and smart. Remember everything you do in your youth you will have to pay for when your an old man. Good luck on your enterprise mate. Frank C.

^ X2. I didn't believe it when I was younger, now I do.
If Balein' wire and Duck tape ever quit, my whole place is gonna fall apart!

Busy Beaver Lumber

Welcome to the forum. I may have a bit of experience with bundled firewood. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. First piece of good advice....Hire women to do bundling. They will surprise you at how fast they can run that machine. My wife and daughter kick my butt in output. I can get 80+ bundles an hour. They get over a hundred in less than 50 minutes.

By the way, nothing wrong with some of the smaller splitters. I have the 37 ton Huskee, but I also have the little 5 ton electric speeco and it does a darn good job as well. 

Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

Thank You Sponsors!