iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

comparisons

Started by mroldstyle, April 16, 2018, 03:38:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skipper11A

Quote from: mroldstyle on April 19, 2018, 05:48:04 PMSo what does the EZ 40 have for band engagement? There website doesn't say, a video I watched looked like a lever to either tighten belt or move the  engine?
The EZ 40 has one lever that slides the engine on a shaft to tension two  drive belts, which drives the drive wheel.  Also attached to this lever are linkages that open the throttle and open the blade lube.  So with one move of the lever, the drive belts are tensioned, the throttle is opened, and the blade lube is opened. And when the lever is moved down, everything is shut off. 

You mentioned EZ Boardwalk's website and I must point out that these folks are Mennonites and their religious beliefs preclude them being on the internet.  A neighbor is hosting their website and it lacks fancy sales techniques that we are used to. 

mad murdock

mroldstyle-as drgrls asked, have you looked at swing blade circle mills? They are fast and true, no moving of the log needed once set up to begin milling. Quartersaw a log without ever touching the log. Mill it down to the nubbins removing only boards and firewood (slabs) till you get to the bottom of the log. Built in edger on a swingblade and cheap to operate as blades last and last and resharpen on the mill in a minute or 2. My Turbosawmill is easy to move and as fast as an LT40 class of mill for a lot less$$. With the Alaskan cradle option I have I can slab wide also. Good luck on your search, and welcome to the Forestry Forum!!
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Thank You Sponsors!