iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Game of Thrones

Started by Raider Bill, February 04, 2019, 09:57:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider Bill

Anyone watch this?
We got the first 7 seasons for Christmas. Started watching it a week or so ago. Just finished the 2nd season.
Me I'm not normally into this type of show but seeing that it won about 40 emmy's I figured I'd give it a chance.
In the first 5 minutes 2 people got their heads chopped off and I about gave up right then as I'm not a fan of bloodshed or gore but the story line kept me there and you can see why it won so many emmys.
Basically it's about the heads of 7 kingdoms vying to become the King Of Thrones or the head king of all 7 kingdoms.
There's bloodshed and some R-rated adult content but all in all it's very well done.
The girl that played Ann Boylan on the Tudors is in this also. She could be my future ex wife smiley_gorgeous lol although I could be her Grand Father.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

lxskllr

Later seasons get a little weak(after they ran out of book material), but it's entertaining enough. When I started watching it, I thought it was historical fiction, then everything got crazy  :^D

Dave Shepard

Martin admits it's somewhat bad in the War of the Roses.

I got sucked in. Can't stop now.  :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Tom King

We watched it all the way through twice.  The first time, there are many conversations that make no sense at all.  The second time through, every conversation made sense.

pabst79

I must admit, I never thought I'd enjoy a show with dragons or giants. On a flat screen with surround sound it's pretty addicting. The story lines are hard to follow if you let too much time go by between episodes, my wife and I have to binge watch when the kids are at the grandparents. Watching one episode at a time is frustrating. We are a few seasons behind now. The white walkers are creepy and fascinating.  
Not sure which came first, but I have chickens and eggs.

gspren

I thought Game of Thrones was something you played while sitting on the toilet, I gotta get out more!
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Raider Bill

We are in the middle of season 3. I can see going back and re watching it to catch the fine points. I turned on the closed captions so I wouldn't miss much.
They sure do have a lot of new characters they bring in you have to keep up with.
Dragons just started playing a role.
It's not hard to see why it won so many awards.

Smithkp

Watched season 1 then binge read the books. (They are not thin) Absolutely love it. Kind of like an adult Hobbit. Nobody is safe, anyone can die and the historical aspect is captivating.

There is supposed to be an off shoot on HBO coming soon. Very piqued...
Anything worth doing is worth doing well.

Raider Bill

We just finished season 3. Seems every time I get to like someone they get killed.
Remind me never to go to a wedding put on by anyone named Frey.
I may have to get the books.

pabst79

I remember being shocked watching that wedding scene, I really felt conflicted. That was not at all what I expected, very good writing/directing. 
Not sure which came first, but I have chickens and eggs.

Raider Bill

Quote from: Smithkp on February 11, 2019, 08:50:42 AM
Watched season 1 then binge read the books. (They are not thin) Absolutely love it. Kind of like an adult Hobbit. Nobody is safe, anyone can die and the historical aspect is captivating.

There is supposed to be an off shoot on HBO coming soon. Very piqued...
We are in season 4 now. Bought the first 4 books in a set, over 4200 pages. Give me something to do while I'm not sleeping.
Haven't binged anything like this since Breaking bad.

beav

Tomorrow the long wait ends. The last season begins.

Raider Bill

I read that they are estimating a billion people world wide will be watching. A Billion.
I just finished binge reading the book. 4K pages and many more characters than are what's in the series.

Who  will win the Game of Thrones!

beav

WLC

We are hooked too.  Have watched it through twice now and will binge watch it again before watching this upcoming final season.  Bad thing is we have to wait till it comes out on DVD as we don't have HBO.
Woodmizer LT28
Branson 4wd tractor
Stihl chainsaws
Elbow grease.

sawguy21

I have no idea what everyone is talking about. :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Raider Bill

If he survives the battle in episode 3 of this season which is supposed to be the longest filmed battle in history and doesn't get ate by a dragon when his Aunt finds out she's been sleeping with her Nephew the I'm thinking Aegon Targaryen will be the King.

Thank You Sponsors!