iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Outdoor Whats-it

Started by Reddog, December 29, 2007, 05:48:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Hey! Thats..... Not even close. ;) :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Gary_C

I have it figgured out now. It's a new DOT approved tiedown for your deer when you transport them. Also works well to tiedown your four wheeler. One of those in each tire and you chinch it down and it will not go anywhere. Just ask Bob the Pigman. I think he must use them all the time.   ;D
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Jeff

:D  I'd love to give you credit on that one.

But... No. ;)

pigman

Well, at the time I did think that it was a good idea Gary.

It is a bull lead. You hook it in the bull's nose and lead him around.  If you pull hard on the lead, you will lead the bull real fast. ;)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

ADAMINMO

Is it for catchin frogs and/or fish.You open it up and latch it as it is spring loaded and when you touch it to the fish or frog it springs shut therefore catchin it without gettin your hands dirty?

Jeff

Yes! ADAMINMO has it. :)

Its a "fish grabber"  can be used as a gaff or similar to a spear. My dogs hate it as shown in the video. They have never ever been teased with it, they just do not like the snap when it goes off as you will see if you watch the short youtube clip. Icey has a stuffed basketball toy and I used it on that.  Its a dangerous tool. I would never want it to go off on me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8oqqiupegM

ADAMINMO

Sweet ..... I finally got one right. 8) A buddy of mine had one a year or so ago and when I seen the pic I thought that is what it was.

SwampDonkey

For fishing salmon, once we got the bugger hooked (on a fly hook only) we use a dip net. Or if it has to be released, because of size limits, we go to the shallows and try to remove the hook or cut the leader. If you cut the leader the salmon is able to dissolve the metal eventually. If we have a wide beach on the river we sometime beach them if they are 5 or 6 pounds. Can't do that with a 10 lb'er or bigger too often, he goes where he want to.  :D

I haven't fished salmon in 15 years.  ::)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

LeeB

OK, so its fish tongs. :D :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

isawlogs

Jeff , I found the ones we where talking about last summer , they are the same as what you just showed us here . Do you have a brand name for those ... I would go out and read what's on mine , but it's cold out there ...  :-\  And they are out in the barn. Yours are a lot shinier than mine . ( did I get the than right )

more
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Jeff

Mine doesnt have a brand, but if yours say "Marbles" on them, yer in da money...

LeeB

more shiny or shinier, not more shinier
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Jeff

Marcel, pay no attention to the Texan. I can undestand you fah quiker den dem.

LeeB

I can understand him just fine too. After all Texas is next door to Louisiana and they talk funny too.

SwampDonkey

It's those 'newfenlanders' ya gots the look out fer. Eh, buys?

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

isawlogs

I don't recall seing"marbles" on it ... there is some writing on it though . Going to see that in the morning . My luck ... it's China .  :-\
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

sawguy21

So it would work for catching snakes ;)
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Jeff

Only a BIG snake. it doesn't close down far enough for anything we have around here. You would have to use it on a BIG fish too.

SwampDonkey

Would it work on a 70 lb'er? ;D

Jeff

It very well may. I guarantee if it snapped on my head you could probably pull me around anywhere you wanted.

pineywoods

We had a smaller version of the same thing, used to grab bullfrogs,,
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Jeff

I'll bet this one would pop a basketball.

isawlogs

It is not a " Marbles "

The writing on it is as goes ... Norlund's
                                           Williamsport  PA
                                                    USA

That is better then China  ;D :D :D

It has a black handle holder and springs , the claw looks to be unpainted steel .. rust patuna  ;)

This one also could put some damage to a basketball  ;)

Marcel

Weekend_Sawyer

Wow, that's cool! I want one to hang next to my bear trap!

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Jeff

There is a buy it now one on ebay I think  :)

Thank You Sponsors!