iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lx 250

Started by Bruno of NH, October 06, 2018, 12:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

newoodguy78

Be careful Bruno all this looking could get expensive  :D :D :D

Bruno of NH

The pictures came from the Paul Bunyan show.
I don't want to handle the logs that thing will cut. 
The lx150 on the other hand :D 
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Jim_Rogers

How wide will this one cut?

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Bruno of NH

jimparamedic

I was looking at them yesterday. Looked to be a Very Great Show weather is great too

barbender

That's going to fill a nice niche in the WM lineup- a wide slabber for guys that aren't ready for the 1000 beast!
Too many irons in the fire

Downstream

54"!!  Now you have my attention since 95% of my work is live edge slabs.  Did it have any log turning mechanism or do I need a longer "magic blue stick".  Not sure you need all of the electronics and cost for live edge work.  As said by Bruno I would need to save my money for some extra log handling equipment. 
EZ Boardwalk Jr,  Split Second Kinetic logsplitter, Granberg Alaskan Chainsaw Mill, Stihl 660 and 211, Logrite 60" cant hook, Dixie 32 Tongs

4x4American

What a time to be alive!
Boy, back in my day..

YellowHammer

In addition to the mill, better budget a Deere 544 wheel loader at $75 K to move the logs, and then another $20K for the forklift to move the slabs.  Don't forget the insurance deductible for the back surgery! :D :D :D
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Resonator

I want those Cherry slabs! 
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Lawg Dawg

I gotta have that!
2018  LT 40 Wide 999cc, 2019 t595 Bobcat track loader,
John Deere 4000, 2016 F150, Husky 268, 394xp, Shindiawa 591, 2 Railroad jacks, and a comealong. Woodmaster Planer, and a Skilsaw, bunch of Phillips head screwdrivers, and a pair of pliers!

100,000 bf club member
Pro Sawyer Network

Downstream

Yellowhammer you got it right.  Before long my sawmill will be cheapest piece of equipment I have to support my sawdust hobby/addiction/business.   I have also learned that most of saw milling is actually material handling of HEAVY stuff.  I have access to a lot of bigger wood that would be great for this type of mill but then have to add the other equipment too.  Next week I'm adding a small truck crane to my trailer to grab chunks and shorter logs to save my back.
EZ Boardwalk Jr,  Split Second Kinetic logsplitter, Granberg Alaskan Chainsaw Mill, Stihl 660 and 211, Logrite 60" cant hook, Dixie 32 Tongs

PAmizerman

I needed one of these yesterday!
Woodmizer lt40 super remote 42hp Kubota diesel. Accuset II
Hydraulics everywhere
Woodmizer edger 26hp cat diesel
Traverse 6035 telehandler
Case 95xt skidloader
http://byrnemillwork.com/
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter
and a lot of back breaking work!!

WDH

I DO NOT want to handle and deal with 54" wide thick slabs.  I will leave that to the young and foolish generation. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Bruno of NH

It would be nice to cut that wide but handling and dealing with a buyer to move a slab that big wouldn't be fun.
The Lx 150 with the 35.5 cut width would be better suited for my opetation.

Busysawyer

Bruno,  I cant make out the lettering on the brochure.  Does it say what size band, band wheels or engine options?  Thanks 
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile

Lawg Dawg

I think I'll go ahead and start cutting some 5' long stickers tomorrow  :D
2018  LT 40 Wide 999cc, 2019 t595 Bobcat track loader,
John Deere 4000, 2016 F150, Husky 268, 394xp, Shindiawa 591, 2 Railroad jacks, and a comealong. Woodmaster Planer, and a Skilsaw, bunch of Phillips head screwdrivers, and a pair of pliers!

100,000 bf club member
Pro Sawyer Network

Bruno of NH

38hp gas
I.25 band
But I seen a u-tube of a lx 150 with a diesel 

Busysawyer

Thanks bruno,  hopefully they have a diesel option. I am still looking for a wide slabbing mill but would like a diesel if possible.

Bruno of NH

Busysawyer

They looked a little on small side in the picture. Doesn't appear to be a whole lot of real estate above the band. Not an issue for me . I just need a decent slabbing machine and the price on that looks good.

nativewolf

I would think a used Lucas would do most peoples slabbing work for really large logs.  Smaller stuff on the bandmill.
Liking Walnut

Chop Shop

Quote from: nativewolf on October 07, 2018, 09:08:43 PM
I would think a used Lucas would do most peoples slabbing work for really large logs.  Smaller stuff on the bandmill.
There will still be plenty of work for lucas owners with these wide bandmills on the market.   Someone is going to have to flatten out all those wavy wide slabs!

jmouton

dude i want one ,,  54 inch slabs ,,,heck ya ,,,i am young and foolish like wdh said ,,,,  that is kool ,,,  i know there are other things on the market to make slabs  but i like that,

jim
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

Thank You Sponsors!