iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Your Homepage?

Started by Magicman, February 23, 2018, 10:40:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

My new Laptop came with MS Edge which automatically comes with their homepage.  It's news, etc. content is informative but I feel like they are trying to spoon feed me with what they want me to read.  I have zero interest in anyone that considers themselves a "celebrity".

I recently loaded Firefox and installed ATT Yahoo Homepage, but I am liking it even less. 

Google Homepage looks promising and even has a section containing our local news, etc.

What do you use?
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Southside

You honestly posted that here??
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Magicman

Yup, and I am sooo embarrassed.  The only Homepage gots to be the Forestry Forum Home Page.   ::)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Southside

You must have gotten into the Purple Drank!!! 
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

Runningalucas

I'm weening myself away from Google, as it seems rife with political correctness; which is also invading their 'balanced' search results.

duckduckgo.com is at least for now, my new search engine.  I've noticed though, after leaving google, a lot of these search engines have wide variances in search hits.
Life is short, tragedy is instant, it's what we do with our time in between that matters.  Always strive to do better, to be better.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

All I do is open my laptop and BAM!......The forestry forum.

Magic, try dumping your cache and deleting your cookies.  :D :D :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on February 23, 2018, 10:40:49 PM
  I have zero interest in anyone that considers themselves a "celebrity".

Then why do you respond to my threads?  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on February 23, 2018, 10:40:49 PM
I feel like they are trying to spoon feed me 
Well you are 74.  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I'm running with this one.... :D :D :D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Got me 1 on the hook now!  fishin-smiley

Southside

JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

Ljohnsaw

MM,
I use FireFox as well.  Hate Edge - it is so slow.  As for Home Page - mine is About:Blank.  That way, FireFox loads fast.  The first page I hit is CL Free 'cause you never know.  Then I'm on FF for about an hour...  Eventually I get to my email.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Ianab

I'm running Linux Mint as an operating system, with Chrome as my browser. It's stable, fairly secure, and "just works". Start page is Google, and my all my favourites are on the shortcut bar above with FF, local news, weather, email etc. 

I try not to get my political news from a search engine (which may be biased in who knows which direction?) Also one news site isn't the answer. If you only read pages that you agree with, how do you know they are the "slanted" ones?  Read various, you will find things you agree with and things you don't, and them make up your mind with a bit more info.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Kbeitz

I used to have a home page but for the last 10 years I never shut off my computer. I have about 3 tabs open all the time. One is always stuck here. 
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Thank You Sponsors!