iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Finally got my mill set up at a fair

Started by 03westernstar, June 10, 2018, 11:12:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

03westernstar

Hello everyone, its been a long time since I posted on here but i haven't given up on my sawmill,  But recently the my home county,Caroline County,Va has asked me if I would set my sawmill up for demonstrations during the fair, I agreed and got started The best part was they even built me a building to keep it under, But I do not use my sawmill for a living it is just a hobby so it works out The Caroline county fair is JUNE 20-23 2018    Wed-Thurs it is 5pm-9pm Fri-Sat it is 9am-10pm if anyone is local or passing through i have tickets for anyone that wants to come. 8332 County Fair Ln Ruther glen,Va 22546  Dont know if the photos are in order which i dont think they are but here goes.  

Southside

Sweet - hope you have a good turn out.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

03westernstar

mike_belben

Wow that is really something.  Nice to see that level of appreciation for bygone equipment.  
Praise The Lord

Darrel

Sounds like fun and a whole lot of hard work. I'm happy for you. 

:) :) :)
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Crossroads

Wow, that looks like quite a set up. Maybe they'll let you keep your mill set up there and use the building, you know, in preparation for next year 😁
With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

jwade

will see you there. we will be directing traffic for the fair, they donate a generous cash donation to our churches fire wood ministry. look forward to meeting you and seeing your mill in action

03westernstar

Quote from: Crossroads on June 12, 2018, 03:52:23 PM
Wow, that looks like quite a set up. Maybe they'll let you keep your mill set up there and use the building, you know, in preparation for next year 😁
I am hoping so, I dont want to move it again its not exactly as simple as hook and go

03westernstar

Quote from: jwade on June 12, 2018, 04:20:34 PM
will see you there. we will be directing traffic for the fair, they donate a generous cash donation to our churches fire wood ministry. look forward to meeting you and seeing your mill in action
Ill be there, Ill be doing the sawing, Glad to have some local people on here

Thank You Sponsors!