iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawyers in alabama.

Started by EZ, September 20, 2018, 08:01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZ

Wife and I are here in arab alabama waiting for daughter to bring in another grand daughter in this world. Wondering if anyone is kinda close to arab. If so I'd like to stop in and visit or even help out on the mill with you.
EZ

WV Sawmiller

Yellowhammer is not too far up the road. My MIL was from Arab (A-rab). Tell him you are a big War Eagle fan. :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Chaser357

I'm about 2.5 hrs south of Arab but your welcome to come down.   Will be sawing pallet runners tomorrow most of the day unless I overheat.   My wife's people are from Arab. 

YellowHammer

We are about an hour north from Arab, we won't be doing any sawing tomorrow, got it pretty much done for the week, some quarter sawn white oak, red oak, and hard mapale.  Tomorrow is just a lot of getting a lot of kiln dried wood cleaned up and ready for sale on Saturday, about 20,000 lbs give or take, or until we run out of energy, such as kiln changes, edging, straight lining, stocking shelves, jointing, planing, etc.

Just another day, starts at dawn, ends about dusk.   ;D Come on over, send me a text or call at 256-783-0415.

My son in law is a dentist in Arab, he is a big War Eagle fan, but we like him anyway. :D :D

If you are still in town next week, we run the mill everyday except the occasional off Fridays.
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

EZ

I'll get ahold of you next week,Yellow hammer.
EZ

WV Sawmiller

Quote from: YellowHammer on September 20, 2018, 10:24:33 PMMy son in law is a dentist in Arab, he is a big War Eagle fan, but we like him anyway. :D :D
Doesn't it do your heart good to see your children marry up and rise on the social ladder so quickly. Congratulations and well done. :D :D :D

Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

YellowHammer

We keep telling him it would be better for his business if he yelled "Roll Tide" occasionally. :D

My daughter is hard core Alabama fan, but they've been dating since high school so they have come to terms with it.  He graduated from UAB, but I guess he just likes to watch Auburn loose to Alabama every year, and it's better than him rooting for Tennessee! Not sure we could deal with that.
YellowHammerisms:

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

WV Sawmiller

YH,

Then I guess he was not very happy last year to watch AU beat the Tide now was he? :D I guess they have one of those car tags with UA on one side and AU on the other. I saw quite a few of them the last time we drove through Alabama. I guess that is what they really mean when they talk about mixed marriages.
Howard Green

YellowHammer

We try to erase the memory of losing, and as long as we win the National Championsip, we treat loses to Auburn like it's a lightening strike, a flash and it's gone. However, the kick six will never fade, it's burned into our collective retinas forever.  
I think I'll buy them one of those tags, I'll just have to find one where the Alabama part of the tag is larger.   :D

Oh by the way, have I mentioned "Roll Tide" yet??

The hardest part of selling wood on Saturdays is having to DVR the football games and telling people to not blurt out the score, or they will get kicked out. :D
YellowHammerisms:

Thank You Sponsors!