iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timberjack Skidders - 225 vs 230?

Started by jlaco, July 21, 2011, 12:11:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jlaco

I've been doing alot of research on TB skidders.. Thinking of getting another one. I love my 230 to death. BUT i was wondering what the main differences between 225 and 230's are. I'm honestly good to go as long as it has lever steering and a 353 detroit. Im looking into definately getting a 70's model.. No newer. Old skidders are some of the prettiest things ever

Jasperfield

I have a '65 TJ 230. It is remarkably smaller than the 230s of (at least) the late '70s and certainly smaller than those of the '80s.

As well, it is smaller than the 225s and I believe it's smaller than the 208s.

It has a Detroit 353 engine.

timbuck2

Best small TJ ever was early 80's E series,   they made a 225 Super E, very rare.   208E same thing smaller axels, no blower.  Had the good t-case with rev. (no more 2 stick) and good brakes (after they got sued a few times).

lynde37avery

we got a 78 230d and an 81 230 super E. the super has like a 240 front end. bigger. both eaton machines. but i heard the 225 is same as a 230 just slightly longer. id like to know the difference too.
Detroit WHAT?

Ken

My 1981 225E has got to be the toughest machine ever built.  Same power plant and running gear as the 230's but 6 inches narrower.  I am running 16.9 x 30 tires so the machine is very easy to get in and out of.  We are using the machine now in a partial cut application pulling full tree to a landing where we are processing.  We are pulling about 2/3 of a cord every twitch and making several trips/hour on a short skid.  This is one machine I am sure to have for many years to come. 
Lots of toys for working in the bush

Thank You Sponsors!