iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timberjack question

Started by Timbercruiser, April 27, 2012, 09:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbercruiser

I am looking at a timberjack skidder. The guys says  its a 205 or a 215 ?? Is there a way to run a serial number and check ? I cant figure how to upload a picture on here or I would. Has a new 353 detroit and a rebuilt winch. Good tires he wants $6000 for it ??  Seems like a smaller version of a 230 but how can I tell ??? The owner said it's a 1979 but did they make small skidders that late in the 70's ??  Any help would be great I could email pics if anyone can help cause I cant upload on here ??

Tramp Bushler

I'm sorry I don't know the difference between the 2 . But from what I've gathered the 205 and 208 were smaller than the 225/230 .
I'll send u a pm .
If your not wearing your hard hat when you need it. Well.

bushmechanic

If it has a 353 Detroit then it is most likely a 208D.The 205 had a Ford 220 engine in it and the 215 had a 4.236 Perkins engine.All three had the smaller 8 bolt rims,but the 215 had the larger planetarys like the 230D with the small rim.The 208D looks identical to the 230D only for the rear ends,same engine/transmission/transfer case/winch/etc.Someone may have dropped a 353 into a 215 as I have done this myself.I think they made the 240 right up into the 90's.Good luck in your decision.

marinsisovic

I have the same question what's the difference between 208 and 225 in: frame size, rearends etc.... i know that 230 and 240 are the same except bigger engine in 240.... I have a 240 and I was always wondering wich TJ model is the smaller and tightest but strong enough to work with.

Timbercruiser

Im pretty sure it has Eaton diffs and planitarys in it. It has no screen around the cabin ecept on the vary back. Im not sure of the year but its seems older than what he is saying. The machine was his dads and he passed away and i dont think he really knows much about it.

Tramp Bushler

Hopefully here are the pics

Tramp Bushler

Tramp Bushler

Tramp Bushler

These preceeding pics are Timber Cruisers . Sorry it took me so long to post them , I had to go and mobe my Duce+ half home from the brush .. I think there is 1 more pic , I go hunt for it .

Great lookin skidder by the way !! 8)

Timbercruiser

Thanks alot yah this is the machine in those pics what model is it ??? any help

Tramp Bushler

The only thing I can see is the engine compartment is shorter than on a 225/230 . Shorter than the 330 also .

amberwood

ok here are two more reference pics of our old 205HR. Ford Diesel.

DTR
MS460 Magnum
MS250
DAF CF85-430
ASV RC-85 track loader

Tramp Bushler

Kinda looks like a match .  But , I don't know .

Thank You Sponsors!