iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

41 years today

Started by WV Sawmiller, July 02, 2018, 08:58:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Sawmiller

OG,

As soon as the florist gets here with her 41 live and 1 silk rose we will load up and go to a Chinese joint for lunch. I got in the habit of sending her one rose for every year we have been married and I told her it would be a lot cheaper if I got silk roses then each year I could just buy one more and she could add it to the bouquet. I figured I'd ease into it this year and see if it works. If not I can blatantly lie and tell her the florist must have run out and sneaked in a fake one. :D (They just came and I can't spot the fake one. We will see in a week or two if the others fade and it doesn't and she catches me at it. ;D)

When we first married because of 4th of July issues the only thing open was a Chinese place so we got in a habit of going to one every year as a sort of momento. She thinks it is sweet. ( I think of all the money I have saved feeding her Chinese instead of steak and lobster or such for 40+ years. ;))

My mom, SIL, brother, mom are here from Fla along with 2 granddaughters and we will all make an outing of it.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

petefrom bearswamp

Congrats to you who are celebrating long term marriages.
Also thanks to all you vets for your service. 
Second time around for Linda and I and we celebrated 39 years on flag day 
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

BradMarks

Congrats to all, and yes WE too have made it another year, now at 43. A familiar song from Loggins and Messina still resonates with me. In 1976 it was: "Even though we ain't got money....(forward to 2019), "I'm still in love with you honey". It's kinda been our theme song all these years, although now we're not so broke ;D. Many more years of happiness to all who are married or are planning to be. Enjoy your time together.

Magicman

Congratulations to all of you lucky happy couples.  Yes, I purposefully wrote and struck "lucky" indication that there is no luck in a long term marriage, and there are very few long term marriages that are not also happy.  smiley_love
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

scsmith42

Great history and congrats on 41!

The Doc and I celebrated our 17th last Sunday.  We met 20 years ago when she was finishing vet school.  We were both in our late 30's.  First (and only!) marriage for us both.

Enjoy the years!

Scott
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

WV Sawmiller

Thanks to all. It was 42 years today. The 41 was recycling last years thread. We had a good meal and a real good time with the family here to help celebrate. 
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Downstream

Congrats on 41 sounds like you guys have kept busy all the way through.  Enjoy.
EZ Boardwalk Jr,  Split Second Kinetic logsplitter, Granberg Alaskan Chainsaw Mill, Stihl 660 and 211, Logrite 60" cant hook, Dixie 32 Tongs

florida

Congratulations! It just keeps getting better too I'll bet.
General contractor and carpenter for 50 years.
Retired now!

Ed_K

Congratulation's on 42  8) we'll catch up to y'all in Oct ;).
Ed K

samandothers

Great job on reaching your 42 years!  

rjwoelk

36 years for us. This year we are seeing 2 weddings and twins in a month
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

Thank You Sponsors!