iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Knee high by the fourth of july

Started by A-z farmer, July 04, 2019, 06:32:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A-z farmer

Corn in New York is usually a lot taller than knee high on the fourth .
This year our sweet corn is three weeks behind a normal year ,.what ever a normal year is anymore .
It usually is three weeks from firstsilking and we are not yet this year .
But the heat is on now and crops are finally growing .
Zeke 

JV

Field corn here is a little over ankle high and up.  There are fields of soybeans yet to be planted.  My renters just got all our beans in almost two weeks ago, way late but they are in the ground and growing.  Didn't look too promising for a while.  The wheat has turned and harvest should start shortly.  We had a wet fall and some of the beans didn't get harvested until January.
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

Southside

Corn here is 7' plus right now, but it's silking and it has been pushing 100 degrees some days, won't do much for grain set. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

DPatton

I have been gone a few days this past week to Vegas, but I kept an eye on my local weather while I was gone. Our area has been receiving good rainfall so I knew that the heat and high humidity this past week was really going to make the corn shoot up while I was away. I was surprised as always to find some fields 7' and even 8' tall upon my return. Some of the hybrids and farming techniques out there are nothing short of amazing compared to the plants and farming practices when I was a kid growing up on my family farm.
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

wesdor

I looked at the corn today - 4th of July - and remarked that it looked pretty good for the second week of May!  It has started to grow nicely but hope we don't get an early frost. 
Some people think this is only a problem for farmers, but I ask them if they like to eat.  One local farmer is selling his dairy herd because he won't be able to afford the increased feed cost.

Bruno of NH

Good luck with your crops it's been a strange year for shure
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Thank You Sponsors!