iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

IH T340A

Started by redpowerd, September 20, 2003, 08:08:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redpowerd

any one seen one of these crawlers? my neighbor has one for sale and im wonderin what i should offer him, the clutch is tore out, but its got a 5 way blade, the UC is good, the tracks are tight, and its red.  if someone knows where i can get some info on this dozer, id be happy. ive looked at the regular old tractor sites and have come up blank.

oh, didnt i see an equipment category on the forum? where did it go? im probably just lost. ???
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

Tom

You're in the right topic. You just need to find the threads.

Check Ron Scotts thread.

https://forestryforum.com/cgi-bin/board/YaBB.pl?board=Business;action=display;num=1017008092

DanG

Red, did you try www.ytmag.com  ?  If not, go there and look for the forum on crawlers and dozers. There are a bunch of knowledgable and helpful folks over there that will be glad to answer your questions, a lot like it is here on ForestryForum. Only problem is, the postings disappear after a few days, so you have to ask.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

redpowerd

good good
thanks
the dude paid 7500 at an auction  ::)
i need some kinda base to start from
yt is not the ff, just hard to get around, my poor modem.
thanks
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

RMay

redpowerd get the serial no. and call a International dealer some of the older T340 crawlers is hard to get parts for .The serial no. will have the year model  8)
RMay in Okolona Arkansas  Sawing since 2001 with a 2012 Wood-Miser LT40HDSD35-RA  with Command Control and Accuset .

Fla._Deadheader

In late '73, I bought a used TD 340. It was a loader with Diesel. I figger it was a late 50's, early  60's model??? It was yellow. The UD series was Red. Them was gas-diesel. Had one as a power unit, UD-9.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

redpowerd

id be happier with a deisel, and this fella wants 6900. the problem is theres rich collectors drivin the price of these sky-high. theres a dude down the road from me that has around 50 shiny old red iron beasts that just sit in the barn. cant afford to farm with folks like these. i think its only worth 5 at the most, yea, someone 'painted it red'
thanks for the help!
ill just keep lookin!
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

Corley5

There's a pair of them for sale on U.S. 2 around Manistique Mi.  The guy wants $6,500.00 for the pair.  Ones diesel with a 6 way blade and a rebuilt hydraulic pump the other one's gas.  I looked them over a the tractor show in Escanaba and they didn't llok too bad.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

redpowerd

how long they been for sale? ???
im interested, how far away is that from you, i mean,dont go to any trouble, were all busy enough, but some more info would be GREATLY appreciated! ;)
thanks a heap ;D
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

Corley5

Unfortunatley they are close to three hours from me.  They've been for sale for quite a while.  I first saw them last year then again this summer, again at the tractor show and they were back in the guys front yard along 2 when Dad and I went to the Logging Congress.  Maybe one of our UP members is closer.

jimbo

Red  their is one near me for sale  has ben gone thu complety and has good tracks it was a forest serves surplus    the guy ask me  $3500 for it im pretty sure it is diesel its located  near Lexington Ky

thanks jimbo

redpowerd

jimbo,
could you get me more info on that sucker?
i got a trucker down there.
thanks
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

jimbo

sorrie it was sold last week to someone in New York it went for $3000

redpowerd

remember this post?
i will try to move some info to the wanted section
any help greatly appreciated
will pay finders fee!
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

Corley5

redpowerd

not bad, cept i need a blade, us farmers aint got that kinda cashflow 8)

theyd be great to stuff agnst the wall in the shop, but too little  $
im lookin for a junker
thanks
gotta get this into the 'wanted' :)
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

Corley5

UNCLEBUCK

dont know if this helps but worth a look. www.machinerytrader.com  phone 866-639-0964 .says they can locate anything .  also here in west central minnesota there is a father/son outfit that has lots of dozers and parts and any size dozer .its where I get stuff for my old oliver cletrac when it falls apart . kugler salvage 800-874-2130 , they ship and also locate nationwide .
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

redpowerd

THANKS, just what im lookin for, cept closer! ill give that yard a holler n see what they can tell me. thanks again.
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

Thank You Sponsors!