iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ok I have been felling trees,

Started by derhntr, April 29, 2006, 05:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derhntr

Well since wedsday night, my dad and I have been cutting white pine to reside his barn. Have cut 15 pines with a scaled out 5,121 board feet. Took 2 oak scaled out 585 bf and 1 cherry 88 bf. We have alot of #2 and #3 logs as we took logs that you would not normally try to sell (read knots).

Had to drop most of them in to a huckleberry swamp. What a bear to limb them out in 2 foot of water and lots of brush. But never got wet. Only 2 more weeks till I pick up my mill.

Biggest log a 38 inches on the butt, just took a 8 foot butt log that still went 32 on the small end.  Bummer as the mill will only handle 30 inchers. Have 1 log that is a 20 footer 18 on the butt and 16 on the small end. That will become a 12x12 beam for the barn.

Not to bad for about 18 hours over 3 days

Brian
2006 Woodmizer LT40HDG28 with command control (I hate walking in sawdust)
US Army National Guard (RET) SFC

woodmills1

sounds like you are beginning to have fun.  You will be surprised just how big you can cut with judicious chain saw trimming.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

derhntr

well we started getting the logs trucked out of the woods today, should be done tommorow. Can't wait for the mill.

Brian
2006 Woodmizer LT40HDG28 with command control (I hate walking in sawdust)
US Army National Guard (RET) SFC

Thank You Sponsors!